Chapter Two Peter Miller

Chapter Two

Peter Miller

Peter Miller woke up and stretched his body. He sat behind his small and unpleasant desk with boredom. He picked up his tablet and wrote on his blog, which currently has only fifty-one visitors: "I read in a book that 'choice can destroy you, choice can change your beliefs and convictions, choice can break you apart.' Choosing in life is very important. I made the right choices in life; what ruined my life was choosing another important person. I've been looking for him for six years and haven't found him yet. How can I continue this miserable life? I'm really tired!"

"Peter, your computer is off!"

Peter put down his tablet and smiled. "What are you doing here, Tobias?"

Tobias said angrily, "I'm your boss here, Peter."

Peter said indifferently, "I wasn't paying attention."

"You're not paying attention to anything, but it's okay; you're fired right now."

Being fired was Peter's ultimate wish as he was tired of living. Therefore, he did not object to it. Peter's eyes fell on an envelope on his desk. He picked it up with trembling hands and did not collect any items except the letter and his bag to take with him. However, before leaving, he picked up the single-frame photo of himself from his desk and threw it on the ground to break it. Then he left the building. He walked down the sidewalk thinking about how to spend his last day of life, such as sitting in a café and having coffee with donuts. Peter loved donuts and was highly sensitive to caffeine. When he realized that he had hit a lonely man, he fell to the ground. Peter only looked for a few moments and walked indifferently towards the nearest café.