Chapter Thirty-one Peter

Chapter Thirty-one
Peter

     Peter was also lost in thought at the dinner table that night. He wanted to talk to Anna about Mrs. O'Brian's arrival at the company and her words, but he waited until he did his own research and made sure that this matter was related to him or it was just a secret that he should not know.
Anyway, Peter was sitting in his office again on Monday morning, November 6th. He decided to try his luck and search the name of that person on the internet and to his surprise he saw a picture of that man wearing a chef's outfit. He had found some information about him that he had studied in Italy and worked as a chef in a restaurant in Paris for several years and added a Michelin star to his previous two stars. He had written several cookbooks and was currently working in one of London's famous restaurants.
   Was this person the same Scott Moyes, the one he was looking for? This doubt did not give Peter a good feeling, but Peter said to himself: "He is here now, in this city." Then he wrote the address of the restaurant on a small piece of paper with his pen and then said to himself thoughtfully: "What is a chef doing in the middle of this strange story?!"
      It was raining in the afternoon and Peter was walking on the sidewalk in his sportswear and hat, thinking and ignoring his surroundings. He thought that his life had changed a lot. He worked in one of the largest companies as one of the main pieces and had contact with some of the famous people. When he had his own computer company and became famous, he was not considered social at all, but now it was different; one could say that Peter had gone from absolute darkness to light and suddenly a hard and tight garden of happiness had opened to him. Peter did not look at this matter as a chance now and considered himself worthy of this situation and had almost completely forgotten his life before that event. Sometimes it did not matter to him what had happened in his life before.
Peter was thinking about these things when he noticed a taxi that stopped a little further down the street and Mrs. O'Brian got out of it, stood next to a tall man and started talking to him.
This conversation was interesting for Peter because he felt that he knew the face of that man but he could not remember who he was. After a while he suddenly said to himself: "Mr. Chef?! What are they talking about?!"
It was too late to understand this matter because those two people separated from each other and each went their own way.
    Peter said to himself: "How interesting! I have to go to this restaurant as soon as possible and see its chef; I have to make sure."
     Finally, the night of Anaa and her group's performance arrived; the hall was full. Anaa's acquaintances, Mr. Collins and his assistant Mrs. Marks, Anaa's fiancé and of course Peter, were sitting in the front row. It was a successful performance. The night was really beautiful and everyone seemed happy, even Anaa herself, who had been depressed by Peter for a few days, looked cheerful that night. Anyway, Peter did not want to share with Anaa what was vague like an unfinished puzzle and ruin this great night. In the middle of the performance, Peter said to himself: "Mr. Collins wrote the opposite of that letter at the beginning of the story. He seemed like a very good and kind person who set his car on fire, but is Mr. Collins really a good person? Does Anaa really love Mr. Collins and his mother, but do they love Anaa too? Mrs. Christine O'Brian really loves Anaa, but what about Mr. Collins? What is he hiding? What does this have to do with me? Anyway, I'll figure it out tomorrow.
   On Tuesday afternoon, November 7th, Peter went to that restaurant with a few people on the pretext of a business contract.
   Everyone chose a food for themselves except Peter. Peter Miller still had the menu in his hand and was looking carefully at the names until he finally closed the menu and said: "I want the chef's suggestion and the chef's cooking."
   The waiter said: "Sorry Mr. Miller, but we can't serve you anything outside the menu."
   "I didn't want food outside the menu at first, but now that you said you can't, I changed my mind. I want food outside the menu."
   The waiter said: "Sorry sir, we have little food left for the next session, so we told customers not to choose food outside the menu; please choose a food from inside the menu."
   "But I won't do that."
   The waiter was confused and wanted to say something when suddenly Peter said: "I'll pay for the food ingredients, but I won't change my mind."