Chapter Eight Robert

Chapter Eight

Robert

Robert had not gone a meter from the café when he saw the same woman who had deliberately passed by them. She approached Robert again and said, "What happened to your father?"

Robert looked at her in surprise and, happy to see her, said, "Mother, what are you doing here? When did you return to London?"

"Answer me," she said.

While his eyes were flashing, Robert said, "He's in the hospital. He can't walk anymore."

Robert's mother stood in front of him and suddenly hit him hard so that Robert fell to the ground and said, "Didn't I tell you that if you hurt your father, I'm not your mother?"

Robert remained in the same position and after a nervous laugh said, "Interesting, do you still love him? My plan was to die myself, not to hurt him." Then he got up and said, "If my plan had gone well and he still hated me as usual, I would have died. Can I call you mother again now?" Robert had not gone far when Evelin Dixon shouted, "It's all my fault."

Robert suddenly turned to her and looked at Evelin incredulously.

While crying, Evelin said, "Your father's situation is my fault; it's my fault that you want to die. Do you think I don't care about you? The one who should die is me. You shouldn't hate your father; he hasn't done anything wrong, believe me. Do you know what agony I live with? I shouldn't have done that."

Robert approached his mother and, wiping away his tears, said, "What was the thing you shouldn't have done? Tell me about the past."

"Do you believe me? Everything is my fault, not your father's. I'm tired, I can't live anymore."

"Mom, don't say that!"

"You wanted to die, why shouldn't I want to live when everything is my fault?"

Robert looked directly into his mother's eyes and said, "Mother, calm down, I was wrong; my mother." Then he paused and said with a smile, "Shall we eat ice cream, Mom?"

When Robert returned with two ice creams, they walked side by side and ate ice cream; Evelin broke the silence and said, "Do you really love Anna or is this also a ridiculous game?"

Robert fell silent and after a few moments said, "Ridiculous game! I love her. Mother, why do you love her?"

"Your father! Why do you hate him?"

"Because of you, because of Rebecca, and because of myself!"

"You misunderstood this story, you bad person."

Robert suddenly stopped and said, "Is it possible?"

Evelin stood in front of him and said, "Only impossible, it's impossible."

"Don't you tell me the reality of that event?"

Evelin shrugged and said, "Do you believe me?!" Then she said, "So, crazy boy, don't play a ridiculous game and don't hurt anyone, even yourself." Then she changed the subject and said, "I'm leaving."

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to Rebecca's house."

Rebecca was Robert's younger sister who lived in a separate house.