Chapter Fifty-Nine Robert

Chapter Fifty-Nine
Robert

     Robert Dixon went to the airport to see off his sister and gave her a bouquet of flowers that each petal had a different color and said: "Rebecca, why are you so surprised?"
   "Why did you do this?"
   "Well, because you love flowers."
   "Of course, but what am I supposed to do with a bouquet of flowers on the plane?"
   Robert said: "Well, that's the stewardess's job, not mine." Then, as he gave a small flower pot to Anna, he said: "I think it's a kind of cactus. Its name is Sansevieria or something like that. It's a symbol of resistance for me." Then he said to himself: "Be careful, Anna."
   Rebecca said: "A symbol of resistance! Why do you say that to Anna?"
   "For resistance against colds."
   "When was the last time you took an IQ test?"
   Robert laughed and said: "Rebecca, don't worry, my IQ is not below the poverty line." Anna, who had covered her mouth with her hand to hide her laughter, said: "If you can, please change the subject of the conversation. I think we have little time left; we have to go."
   "Sure. Have a nice trip, Rebecca. I have to go see Dad from here."
   Rebecca took a step closer to Robert and said: "Take care of Dad." And in a low voice she said: "You know what I mean."
   Robert smiled and approached his sister and whispered in her ear: "Rebecca, you have to be careful. You know what I mean." Then he said aloud: "Don't worry so much about Dad; take care of yourself."
    Robert stood there and saw Rebecca and Anna go up the escalator and get away from him and said to himself: "I hope nothing bad happens to Anna and she comes back here safely." The truth was that Robert was restless because since Anna had called him, he had received a strange phone call and the man on the other side said: "Be careful of the one you love. Anna Walberg should not follow the past or she will lose her life." Robert was thinking about this at that moment and said to himself: "Damn it, why didn't you tell her to be careful and not be curious. You are a stupid person."
Anyway, Robert Dixon got in his car to go see his father.
     His father, who lived in a big house with several servants and of course a relatively young man named Morgan Fisher who was his servant and friend, had been forced to sit in a wheelchair for some time because of saving his son! This caused Robert a lot of pain. He really preferred to die horribly but his father did not save him; it is very hard for someone who makes you feel hate in your being to be the savior of your life.
   Robert, although he was about twenty-seven or thirty years old, still lived with his father and his father did not object to this matter. Robert felt that Mr. Dixon had changed his behavior towards him since he realized that his son was in trouble and went to save him. Steve suddenly loved his son. A feeling that had surprised both Robert and Steve; it was clear from his face; anyway he loved his son very much now; he was fooled and thought that this feeling was mutual; but Robert smiled at his father, laughed, talked kindly with his father, did everything for him, helped his father but with hidden hatred, always with his father with hatred. A hatred that Steve Dixon had not noticed. Mr. Steve Dixon used to treat his son very intelligently and ruthlessly before. Something had changed here either Robert had become a good actor or Mr. Dixon was no longer the smart and ruthless man he used to be; Robert thought so.
   Anyway Robert entered the house and asked one of the servants: "Where is my father now?"
   "Your father is waiting for you in his office now."
   Robert stood near the door of the office, the door was half open. Robert Dixon wanted to knock on the door when he heard his father say: "I have some very good news for Robert."
   "So that's why you're happy?" This was the voice of Mr. Dixon's friend; Morgan Fisher.
   Robert clenched his fist and slowly lowered it.
   "Why shouldn't I be happy? It's good news for my son."
   Robert Dixon became an actor again and knocked on the door and when he entered he said: "Father, did you hear from Mom? Where is she?"
   "She's fine but I don't know exactly where she is."
   Robert doubted it a little but let it go and said: "Did you want something from me?"
   "Oh yes of course. Please sit down."
  Robert sat on the chair and waited for his father's words.
   "You will soon marry Anna in a church in Alaska."
   "Really? I didn't expect that at all."
   "You're flustered, admit that you're happy?"
   "Okay, Dad, I admit that I'm really happy."
     When Robert and Mr. Fisher were alone, Robert was annoyed and kept checking his phone until Morgan broke the silence and said: "Your father is proud of you, Robert."
   Robert leaned back on the chair and said: "I know, I'm glad he is." Then he smiled.
   "You're lying."
   Robert was startled by Morgan's words, he could say he was scared but he kept quiet and said nothing.
   "You hate him, don't you?"
   "I love him just like any other father and son relationship."
   Morgan Fisher looked directly into Robert's eyes and said: "But your eyes show that you're lying."
   "Really, what bad eyes! Maybe I should go blind then my marriage to Anna will be ruined but I don't care."
   "Enough, stop pretending so much."
   "If I was pretending, you wouldn't look at me with scared eyes."
   Morgan said: "You spoke very seriously and scary like your father; are you really willing to go blind for this reason?" Then he sneered and mockingly said: "Are you crazy or stupid? In my opinion, the latter."
   "You'll see, Mr. Morgan Fisher."
   "Listen to what I'm saying Robert, I clearly see that hatred in your eyes and I warn you not to even think about hurting your father because before anything, I'll stop you and maybe even kill you."
   Robert stood up, straightened his clothes and said: "I'm not afraid of anything, I won't back down from this so do your best."
   Morgan grabbed Robert's collar angrily and said: "You fool, you shouldn't do anything against your father at all. You shouldn't hate him!"
   Robert smirked and said: "Why! Tell me why?"
   Morgan was really angry. Suddenly he loosened his hands and said with a voice that was full of sadness: "I wish he hadn't made me promise to keep quiet. I can't bear this damn secret anymore."
   "Tell me who did you make this promise to? Tell me what is the secret that you are hiding and what does it have to do with this matter?"
   Mr. Dixon returned to their group and Morgan changed the subject of the conversation.
   Robert, who was silent, said to himself: "I'm a ruthless person, maybe worse than my father. Maybe it's better for Anna that everything ends; I don't want her to be upset. This is my game. But only with her I feel power and happiness."