Haunting thoughts

Jimena wasn't exactly sure what she was supposed to do now that False wasn't around. She wandered aimlessly around Cogsmeade, Ginny trailing her everywhere, feeling like she needed someone to tell her what she could do, she was that bored. Eventually she just plopped on a rock by the side of the mountain and watched the trees and plants sway in the breeze.

           Maybe she shouldn't be procrastinating, but she couldn't remember what in the world she was supposed to be doing. It was calming, really, just sitting still and watching the world around her, not having to worry about anything. But the thing is, life is full of worries. And they will always come to bother you. 

           <⍑ᒷ∷𝙹⟍̅¦ᔑᓭ, ᔑ∷ᒷ ǁ𝙹⚍ ꖎ¦ᓭℸ ̣ᒷリ¦リ˧?!> A voice suddenly rang through the peaceful silence. Jimena froze, startled. "Who's there?" She asked, her voice shaky. She couldn't understand what the voice had said, but she felt the impression of pent up anger. Whoever was talking, it was furious.

           As the echoes of her query died out, the silence resumed, though instead of being peaceful like it was before, this time it was eerie. Ginny looked at her oddly. Jimena got up and started walking. To where, she wasn't sure. She just wanted to get away from the voice. Unfortunately, it seemed like the voice didn't want her to leave. 

           <ꖎ¦ᓭℸ ̣ᒷリ ℸ ̣𝙹 ᒲᒷ!> Jimena looked all around her. She couldn't tell where the voice was coming from. It wasn't making her worry any less. Suddenly she didn't want to be outside any longer. Jimena picked up Ginny and walked indoors. However, the voice followed her inside. <⍑ᒷ∷𝙹⟍̅¦ᔑᓭ!> Jimena locked herself in her room, panting. Who was that? What are they saying? She couldn't make out the words, but she could tell that whatever was being said was important. If only I could understand... 

           <ꖎ¦ᓭℸ ̣ᒷリ ℸ ̣𝙹 ᒲᒷ!> Jimena held her head, shuddering at the noise and the strong emotions she picked up from it. The voice wanted to be answered, she could figure that much out. The lingering sense of anger she felt earlier was stronger now. Whoever was talking, it was also getting impatient.

            "I can't understand you!" Jimena shouted. There was a sudden stillness, and Jimena felt the sensation of surprise. The odd thing was, she wasn't sure if it was her emotion that she was feeling. Is the voice surprised that I can't understand it? 

           The silence continued on for a lot longer than she expected, and Jimena started getting spooked by it. Feeling restless, she stood up. She wanted to do something. She felt like she had to. Jimena unlocked the door and cautiously stepped outside. No one appeared to be around. Maybe the voice had gone away. But even if it had, Jimena had a sickening feeling that told her that it was going to come back. And it did. A lot sooner than she expected it to. 

           Jimena tried to take a nap, where the strange voice couldn't bother her. She thought that she wouldn't be able to sleep, but she somehow managed to. She had no idea how long she'd slept when she was woken by the sound of raindrops beating noisily at everything under the sky. Jimena looked out the window.

           It was raining heavily, the view of Cogsmeade blurred by a veil of rushing water and light fog. She was glad she was in her house, where it was safe and dry. Just then, a figure riding a broomstick landed clumsily on her doorstep, slipping on the puddles that had begun to accumulate from the dripping rainwater. She managed to not fall, though, and when she had steadied herself, she looked at Jimena. 

           "Hi," She said. Jimena waved back tentatively. The newcomer had long brown hair that was tucked untidily under a loose, floppy green witch hat with stitches and patches all over it. She had pale skin that looked like it hadn't seen daylight in a while, and her yellow eyes felt warm and out of place, like two suns shining on a rainy day. She wore a pale purple sweater with sleeves that were far too long for her arms, as well as short overalls that were the same shade of green as her hat.