Attack

Bright and early Jimena woke up, just as all the clocks in False's house began to ring erratically. Covering her ears, she ran to see False who was taking down all of the clocks to turn them off. "I did something in my sleep again!" False shouted over the noise. "I see that!" Jimena bellowed, grabbing one and shattering it with a purple puff of magic.

           False dropped the clock she held and stared at Jimena, or more accurately, at her hand. "Did you just..." She started. Jimena suddenly realized she had a lot to explain. "I wanted to tell you, False," She said regretfully. "But I can't say it. Look, I'm a-" Then the painful migraine shot through her nerves and she collapsed to the floor, writhing.

           She wasn't even aware of time passing until the pain subsided, and as Jimena was soaking up the calm and quiet, she suddenly realized that False had put her in bed, and that False wa sitting there watching her worriedly. "It's worse this time," She said. "And it lasted longer too."

           Cautiously, Jimena tested her limbs and found that they all worked. She hauled herself out of bed. "I don't think you should-" False began, but she was cut off. "I'm fine now, False. Those migraines don't come that often anymore at least. Come on, don't we have a tower to destroy?" Jimena said, changing the subject.

           At once, False mood changed and her eyes visibly hardened. "Yes, we do. It's been standing there in one piece too long as it is." "Do we demolish it before or after breakfast?" Jimena asked, making a small joke out of it. "No eggs." False laughed. "I'll get the potatoes." "Don't caramelize them!" Jimena yelped with comical alacrity.

           After their breakfast of sticky caramelized potatoes, False and Jimena retreated indoors to prepare for their attack on the surveillance tower. They took things that they thought they needed and whilst doing so they planned their attack. Then afterwards, thorough as always, False double checked that they had everything.

           "Swords?"

           "Check."

           "Amnesia potions?"

           "Check."

           "Health potions?"

           "Check."

           "Extra knives?"

           "Check- ow! I'm fine; continue on!"

           "Tnt?"

           "Check."

           "Armor?"

           "Check on me, but not on you. False, are you sure you don't need it?"

           "It'll weigh me down. My other personality's fighting style is quick and requires a lot of movement. I dodge all attacks coming my way anyway."

           "My wings don't like this chest plate. It's too tight."

           "I know, but it'll protect your vital organs. I don't want you to die."

           "My magic will keep me safe, False. I want to fly."

           "Jimena, I'm not sure what you are, or what kind of powers you have, but I know you think you're capable. I think you're capable too. But I don't want to lose you. I'll lose myself if anything happens to you. Stay safe, okay?"

           Jimena nodded and fiddled with her chest plate one last time before she left. False followed her out, hand ready on her blade's hilt, and they headed to the surveillance tower. But they didn't take the route out in the open. Paranoid as False was, she had sewer tunnels under Cogsmeade that she made sure also doubled as secret tunnels, and they ran through one that led under the Cogsmeade bridge, which was right next to their target.