Mandela effect

Grian tried to put his mind into focus. But all he saw was False. The clone. False attacking him, False tearing down his builds, False brutally stabbing Gem, False burning his house to the ground. And these were long lost memories from back in the hermit world. Memories that had been overridden by a false one. And Grian thought he knew what happened to those memories.

           Around spawn, all the hermits were either clutching their heads or looking around blankly in a daze or both. They were all remembering things that they'd forgotten, and based on their expression, it was the clone False. Jevin was shaking as he was currently reliving being slain by the clone twice and had to be comforted. Pix seemed to also remember something but looked really confused about it, but other than him none of the emperors seemed to have been attacked by False.

           All the hermits started to move towards each other for comfort, whispering about their newfound memories. "False." Cleo said flatly. "What about False?" Joe asked. "The clone. She killed me back on our world. But for some reason I forgot it. Or someone made me forget." She growled.

           "Did you get a false memory too?" Grian asked, wondering how many of the hermits were hurt by the clone and had been affected by the amnesia. "I think so." Cleo said after a pause. "There's something in my head that made me think that I didn't die that day and instead something else happened. But it's gone now."

           "I remember something like that too." Grian said softly. All the hermits began to whisper more and it soon came out that all of them had actually seen the clone False back on their world going on a killing spree and they'd had false memories implanted to make them forget her.

           Cub was shaking in his seat and people were beginning to notice. A few dropped down to his level and asked if he was okay. "No. No, I'm not okay." Cub said quietly. "What do you remember?" Jevin asked. "What did she do to you?" "The clone?" Cub looked up. "No. It's not what she did to me. It's what I did to her. I worked with our False to experiment on her."

           Everyone stared. "You did what?" Doc asked with a hissy undertone like a creeper ready to blow up. Cub buried his head in his hands. "I remember now. False approached me one day and then she showed me her clone, which she'd said had been acting erratic. And then we worked together to run some tests on her... but everything went downhill after that."

           No one asked what he meant by 'downhill'. They either had a good idea of it already or they didn't want to hear about anything bad. "Why didnt you tell us?" Xisuma asked at last once everyone had processed Cub's words. "Well, first False told me it was better left a secret because she was worried about what you guys would think... but then she wiped my memory of everything to do with the clone." Cub said, his voice barely audible.

           At first no one spoke. Then Shelby, who'd apparently been listening the whole time with the other emperors, awkwardly raised her hand like she was in school and wanted to say something. "Wait, False had amnesia potions in your world too?" "I mean, all of us apparently have had memories of her that were gotten rid of." Gem said.

           "No. It wasn't the clone False who wiped out memories and then replaced them." Cub whispered, but somehow everyone still heard. "What? Who did it? Who are you talking about?" Everyone wanted to know. Cub took a deep breath and then raised his head. "False. Our False. Hermit False was the one who erased our memories."

---

           False's eye was practically glued to the telescope as she watched her clone's every move. The other False was seemed to be too preoccupied with chores to do any more murdering that day. But what puzzled False was what she told Jimena.