Friends?

It was a good thing that Grian remembered that they had gone to Tumble Town for lunch before everyone went to the Evermoore. Because that was a long truck drive away, and no one liked to travel on an empty stomach. So Timmy took them all to his saloon to eat. After a while of waiting, the tiny sheriff came back with a bowl of steaming soup. "Yucca," Jimena explained when the hermit asked what was in it.

           "How did you even cook this as a tiny toy?" Grian asked. Timmy immediately flared up and started shrieking about how he wasn't a toy. "The sheriff is not a toy," Jimena said evenly. "Don't dehumanize him," False added with a firm voice. Grian nodded and backed off. Even if this world's version of False was extremely paranoid, he knew how good of a pvper she was and he didn't want to take any chances.

           "Just drink the soup," Jimena said, passing a steaming bowl over to the hermit. He took a spoonful, sipped, and was shocked at how good it tasted. "Wow," He said. "Wow." That was all he said. Timmy smirked. "Enjoy my soup?" "Yes," Grian admitted. He was soon drinking up all the soup and not even caring that he burned his tongue. "Can I bribe you with this soup to stop calling me a toy?" Tiny Tim asked hopefully. "Nope," Grian said at once. "Seeing you make such a big fuss is too much fun to give up."

           "Will you stop bothering the sheriff?!" Jimena snapped. Her hand shot to a knife on her belt, but at the last second she twitched it away. "It's bad enough that almost all the emperors and hermits tease him about his appearance; do his so-called 'friends' have to bully him too?!" "Friends are supposed to bully each other, Jimena," Grian laughed. "I mean, you don't really have friends, so you can't know that." "I'm her friend," False interjected. "Both of you have amnesia, it's weird," Grian said. "Weird?" Both girls said at the same time, sounding irked. 

           "Why are you two so similar? Both of you are girls who woke up in this world with amnesia." The hermit continued. False and Jimena looked at each other. "Well..." They said, not really knowing what to say. Grian was right. It was a very strange coincidence. "This should not be happening," Timmy said. "Nope," Grian agreed. Jimena nodded as well, and Timmy shot her a strange look. 

           "Hey, False, Jimena, could you go get us some drinks over there?" Tim waved in a general direction and the girls nodded. As they left, Tim looked straight at Grian in the eye and said, "Grian, what's going on?" "What do you mean?" Grian replied, nonplussed. "What happened between you and Jimena? You're not... mean to her anymore." Grian blinked and realized that Tim was right. How did that even happen? "I don't know..." Grian tried to shrug it off. "Grian," Timmy pressed. 

           "Okay, she might've saved my life, can you quit it?" Grian said in a rush. Timmy blinked at him. "Er, what? Could you repeat that?" "Jimena saved my life. Now that's it, stop talking about her." Tim opened his mouth as if to say something, contrary to what Grian had just asked him to do, when False and Jimena came back with a tray of ice cold lemonade. "We will either discuss this later or never talk about it again," The hermit told the sheriff sternly.

            "False said this is called 'lemonade'," Jimena said, putting the tray down and referring to the yellow juice. "It's made from lemons," Grian told her. "Oh, okay," Jimena said. "Wait, then why is it called 'orange juice' and not 'orangeade'?" "Actually, orangeade is a thing," Timmy said. "Since when?" False and Grian asked at the same time. "Uh, I don't know, ask Sausage or something," Tim said clumsily. "Yeah, Sausage would probably know," Jimena said. "More like definitely," False corrected.

           Grian felt slightly weird about just eating lunch and joking around with probably some of the weirdest tablemates in this world. Timmy, a toy sheriff, False, a strange amnesiac version of a good friend of his, and Jimena. Where could he even start with about Jimena? He shook off the weird thoughts he was having. Maybe she's actually different now. If she was anything like the way she was before... she wouldn't have saved me. Would she? No, of course she wouldn't have.