Who's the villain?

False should have had a good night's rest. She should have woken up that morning feeling refreshed and well-rested. Instead, she'd been up all night last night and was rather cranky. Tired as she was, though, False didn't want to sleep at all. She didn't want to miss a thing in her surveillance of Cogsmeade. Because what she saw last night worried her. She'd seen the other False take Jevin to her tavern and only she came out. 

           Of course, False knew that she could just be paranoid. After all, it had been nighttime and Jevin was supposed to stay the night in the inn. That was what inns were supposed to be used for. And False hadn't heard a single sound from the tavern, so all must have been okay. But she couldn't help herself from worrying that it was because the other False had soundproofed the walls and that Jevin was in really big trouble. False knew what the grand architect of Cogsmeade was capable of and how low she would stoop to achieve her mad ends. 

           So she'd stayed up all night by the window, constantly watching the Stupor Saloon to see if there was any activity there. There wasn't. But False couldn't bring herself to go to sleep and potentially miss anything, especially with Jevin's life potentially on the line. Eventually she saw the other False leave the Stupor Saloon and return to her house where she promptly asleep. Nothing else happened, but False kept watching. 

           Eventually it was morning and False was tired, hungry, thirsty, and cranky. And cramped from staying in the same position all night. But she didn't move from her perch by the window. "False!" Came an urgent whisper from behind her, and False, startled, whirled around with her sword in hand. "Woah!" The intruder shouted, and False realized it was Bdubs. She lowered her blade. "Bdubs? What are you doing here?" "All of us are here, actually," Bdubs said, and False saw Doc, Cleo, and Jevin standing behind him. 

           "Not all of us," Cleo corrected. "Some stayed at Hermitopia and the rest went to look for Gem." "Uh, why are you guys in my tower? And how did you get in?!" False demanded. "I lockpicked the door," Doc said calmly. "You what?" False stared. "You broke in." "We had to," Cleo said. "Jevin lost his stuff." "I don't even know how I died!" Jevin protested. "Uh, what?" False asked, confused. 

            "Jevin went with the other False to go see her tavern and then he respawned at Hermitopia and didn't remember a thing," Cleo said. False blanched, which was quite a feat because she was already quite pale from staying up all night. "You don't remember anything?" She asked the slime quietly. He shook his blobby head. "This is not good," False muttered, pacing. "Hey, False, can you explain to us what's going on?" Bdubs asked. 

             "And what do you mean by that?" "You told us to be careful of the other False, and to make sure she doesn't know you're here, but you don't even bother to tell us why," Doc said. "It's complicated!" False snapped. She sighed and closed her eyes, leaning against the wall. "Hey, False, are you okay?" Bdubs asked in concern. "I never could've sneaked up on you before." "You are very pale," Doc observed. "I stayed up all night, okay?" False snapped. 

             "That's not good for you." Cleo said. "Well, I don't see you sleeping either!" False argued. "I'm a zombie; I don't need to sleep." Cleo pointed out. False rolled her eyes. "Ugh, I can't sleep! I don't have time for that! I need to keep an eye on her!" "How about you ask us for help?" Bdubs asked. "You explain to us what in the world is going on and then we can change shifts. Sometimes you're here watching Cogsmeade, and then someone else does it for you."

             False had to admit, Bdubs had a point and a good idea. "Okay, fine," She sighed, rubbing her head. "Take a seat, I'll try to explain." Everyone sat on the floor and looked at her expectantly. False sat down too and started to speak. "You know how I made a lab back home?" Everyone nodded. "I remember getting curious and you shutting me out of it," Doc said grumpily. False laughed unhumorously. "Yeah, sorry about that. But I was in a situation then."