Retribution

When Jimena was aware of her surroundings again, she didn't know where she was. Instead of the battlefield by the surveillance tower or the safety of her or False's house in Cogsmeade, all that met her eyes were solid stone and dirt. She was in a cave somewhere.

           "You're awake," False breathed, and that's when Jimena realized she was there. "False, where are we?" Jimena asked, sitting up, but a sudden pain in her leg made her stiffen up. A closer inspection proved that it was put in a tight splint and was probably broken.

          "We're in the cave." False said. "The cave I woke up in when I first arrived in this world." "Okay, but why aren't we at Cogsmeade?" Jimena wondered for a second before the answer came. "Because the hermits are at Cogsmeade. The bomb should've taken out the tower by now though, so that's no longer a problem." False said with an excited grin.

          Jimena grinned too. "That's great! But we should really be getting back soon. Who knows what they'll do to Cogsmeade?" "Not with your leg like that." False said sternly. Jimena smiled with a sudden idea. "Okay," she said sweetly, and then used her Watcher magic to heal herself. In a few minutes she felt all back to normal again.

           False watched in surprise as she slipped out of her splint and began to walk around normally. "How did you do that? What else can you do?" She asked. "Um, I'm not entirely sure the extent of my limits." Jimena admitted. "Although I've figured out how to teleport dirt and fire bolts and heal myself." "Wait, teleport?" False interrupted.

           "Yeah... wait, how come I only remembered that now?" Jimena asked herself in mild confusion. She touched her head and immediately felt a soft buzz of residual pain. "Those headaches of yours are getting worse," False said in a worried tone. "I'm not sure they're going to get better on their own."

           Jimena said nothing and just stared out into space for a few moments. Then she felt something warm and furry graze her ankle and looked down to see Ginny surprisingly there somehow, purring comfortably. "Ginny?! How did you get here?!" Ginny meowed an incomprehensible response.

           False bent down to caress her cat but looked even more worried. "If Ginny can find us here I don't think she's the only one," She said. "We need to move. Do you think you can try teleporting?" Jimena closed her eyes and focused, but when she opened her eyes again she and False were still securely in the cave.

           "What? Why didn't it work? It worked on the dirt," Jimena said in confusion. She tried again to no avail. False chewed her lip for a second, thinking. Then she said, "Try that rock over there." Jimena did as instructed and it vanished. "I guess you can only teleport inanimate objects." False said.

           "That's not helpful at all." Jimena snorted. False patted her on the shoulder. "Don't worry. I have no idea what kind of power it is that you're using, but maybe with enough practice you can teleport people sooner or later." "Yeah," Jimena echoed. She paused. "I wonder if Grian knows how to," She mused.

           "What does this have to do with Grian?" False asked sharply. "Oh, he was a Watcher too," Jimena said, shrugging, then she realized what she just said and stopped. "Wait, how come my mental block is gone now?" "Mental block?" False asked thoughtfully. "Yeah, Grian said that they may have put a mental block in my head to stop me from telling people who don't know about the Watchers about them." Jimena said.

           "You were kind of yelling about a Watcher thing during the fight." False said patiently. "It was kind of hard for me to miss." "Oh. Well, that explains it." Jimena said awkwardly. Then she realized. "Explain! I can tell you about stuff now!" And so she proceeded to tell False every confusing detail that she knew about the Watchers and her situation.