Rediscovered

Jimena wasn't entirely sure what to think; what to feel. The voice, which had so far been completely and utterly mysterious to her this whole time, was now offering to give her some answers. Why give me answers now? She asked with her thoughts. <I liked to watch you struggle to remember,> Came the reply. <It was quite entertaining. But you were taking too long. I'm forcing my hand in this game now.> This isn't a game! Jimena practically shouted. This is me trying to remember my life! 

           There was a pause on the voice's end. <Go ahead, then. Ask your questions. Try to remember your life.> Jimena paused, wondering which questions to ask first. For whatever reason, the questions that used to rapidly fire around her mind seemed to run away from her when she tried to use them. Who are you? Was the first question that she managed to grab. <I have gone by many names in my lifetime. I have been called 2, I have been called Blue. I am now Qiron.> Now Jimena knew the name of the voice that had plagued her for so long. She just wasn't sure if the name would actually help her in any way. 

           Well, then, Qiron, how are you doing all this? <Doing all what?> Don't play that game; why are you so infuriating?! There came a laugh; Qiron was laughing at her. It just made Jimena more annoyed and frustrated. <Your frustration is delicious, you know that?> Jimena stopped to process what he'd just said. ... What? <You don't know? You don't remember? I would've thought this was an important memory. Then again,> Qiron added with a sad sigh, <You've forgotten some very important things. Like me.> 

           What? Jimena wasn't sure what to think anymore, a sensation that seemed all too common for her to deal with. Okay, what do you mean, my frustration is delicious?! <We feed on strong emotions, remember? It is how we grow in power.> Jimena closed her eyes and tried to remember. Feeding on emotions sounded weird to her... and yet she could remember the strange sensations she felt whenever someone around her got angry or annoyed. Have I been eating feelings this whole time and never noticed? 

           <Apparently,> Qiron said dryly. <And because of that, you finally regrew your wings.> Wait, repeat that part again about my wings. Jimena thought back, glancing over her shoulder at the feathered limbs. <Your power regrew and so did your wings.> So I did have wings before. <Indeed. It just took you this long to get them back.> Get them back...? How did I lose them? Qiron hesitated; a pause that lasted longer than it should have took for him to figure out how to word his answer. Qiron? Qiron?! But there was no reply.

---

           False felt like there was something important she was supposed to be doing. It constantly nagged at her all day as she tried to do her routine chores in peace. It was begging to be done as soon as possible. She knew she had to do it. There was just one thing stopping her from actually doing so. She couldn't actually remember what it was. 

           As False was tweaking the engine of her truck, she felt something warm and furry caress her ankle, and she alarmedly looked down to realize that it was just Ginny greeting her. False relaxed and put down her wrench to pet her; making sure to use the hand that wasn't covered in motor oil. "Hi, dearie," False said soothingly. "What's up?" Ginny twitched her tail and walked away. False was about to go back to her work when Ginny meowed urgently and tilted her head as if to say, 'follow me!' False got up and followed the cat without questioning it. 

           Ginny soon lead her to a back alley where False could smell a terrible stink coming from. She wrinkled her nose. Why does it smell so familiar? Ginny stopped and False nearly tripped over the Siamese but managed to stop herself in time. Then the tinkerer saw what the cat was showing her and gasped. There was someone lying on the floor, unmoving. More than that; dead. Lying in a pool of his own blood. And right behind him was a sign that informed the readers in bold, glow squid inked letters to remember the killings.