Epilogue

It was surprising how fast everyone settled back into normalcy, or at least a facade of it. Jimena couldn't really tell. Things weren't really normal in Cogsmeade anymore, and it probably never would be again, what with the citizens that should be roaming the streets having been replaced by the iron golems. 

          False and Jimena had slowly gotten around to deactivating most of the traps but they left a few of them lying around just in case someone bad came along. It was okay to be worried about your safety, after all. They made certain to warn all their friends about where they were though. Or at least just Jimmy, Grian, and Martyn. They were the only ones who visited. But it was fine; Jimena and False were introverted anyway.

           False would sometimes wake up with nightmares. Jimena never asked what they were about. She had a pretty good idea about that; she was getting nightmares too. And sometimes False felt like killing something and they went out to catch a few chickens or something for dinner. But despite everything, they were there for each other and they helped each other move on.

           The Falses had gotten together again after everything had settled down to finish their little trial. No one could really remember whose idea it was but by the end of it they'd left on calmer terms than they had been on before. They didn't totally make up with each other but at least they understood where the other False had come from. And no one got stabbed this time. 

           The hermits were preparing to go back to their world. They'd packed up most of the stuff they had in Hermitopia and Grian instructed Grumbot to try and open up the rift again. That was why he was built in the first place anyway. And he was successful this time now that the Watchers weren't meddling around. And because Grumbot was more powerful after sucking the power out of four Watchers. 

           Grian told them that Grumbot was acting funny and he didn't want to go anywhere near him. He didn't want to risk getting his magic sucked out. Grumbot kept on talking about power and was getting very possessive of Mumbo. And he kept on trying to kill Lizzie whenever she was around. At least respawn had been turned back on again; Oli had found that out when he fell into a hole and promptly died. 

           Scott had told them about some stuff that was going on with the Watchers. The Listeners had stormed their headquarters and defeated the remaining Watchers. They'd found the crystal that Gem had used to make people Watchers in the first place and it was now safely in their hands. The Listeners had also taken over the whole group and was handling the Watcher prisoners while also trying their best to fix whatever damage the Watchers had done all over the multiverse. However, Qiron had vanished without a trace and was nowhere to be found. 

           So it seemed like everything was going well. Except Jimena kept on thinking about Qiron. About her father. After remembering her life with him it felt weird that he wasn't around. And that he would never be around because of the shield that they'd put over their two worlds. The one that prevented any Watchers from getting in. 

           But one day Jimena tried something. She turned into her Watcher form and tried to make a little loophole in their shield. Qiron could come into their world... one the one condition that he was in his human form and left all of his Watcher magic out. Jimena wasn't even entirely sure why she'd done it. But Herodias was inside her somewhere and she listened to her. 

           A week or so later, Jimena was petting Ginny while listening to The Mind Electric cover that she'd bought when she spotted something outside the window. She hurried over to look. She saw a man with dark brown hair and ocean blue eyes hobbling slowly down the path toward her house. He walked, favoring one leg even though he was clearly uninjured, like he wasn't used to walking. And he kept fidgeting with his odd, old-fashioned clothes like he wasn't used to wearing them either. 

           Jimena waited until he hesitantly knocked on the door to open it and finally meet him face to face. the door swung open and purple eyes looked straight into blue. At first they said nothing. Then the man, shuffling awkwardly, broke the silence. "Hello, Jimena." He said. "Hello, father." Jimena said.