Mental

Jimena smiled wanly at Jimmy, her mind wandering slightly. Then the dreaded headache came back again, tearing her skull in two. Her hands were pressing her temple in an instant, attempting to relieve the pain. Bit it wouldn't work. The pain was from the mind, not something physical that could be mitigated with a touch. Jimena knew that, but it didn't stop her hands from moving. Odd how one could have such little control over their own body.

           When the pain subsided, Jimena was aware of Jimmy and Scar and Shelby crouching around her in concern. False wasn't there, which meant that she was in bed and asleep and hopefully getting better from whatever illness had plagued her. It made Jimena happy.

           Then she realized that the others were looking down at her and they were crouching, with the exception of Jimmy because he was a tiny toy, which meant that she'd fallen to the floor whilst having the migraine and she hadn't even notice. She got up with a groan and that's when she realized the soreness coming from her hip and tailbone. "Ow." She complained, rubbing the spots that she'd landed on.

           "Jimena, what happened?" Jimmy asked worriedly. "You just grabbed your head and then keeled over!" "Uh, headache," Jimena explained pleasantly. She certainly didn't feel pleasant, though; there was now this small buzz at the back of her head that she had a nagging feeling wouldn't go away anytime soon. The migraines are getting worse. Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe it will just have to get worse before it gets better.

           "I've never seen a headache that bad except in Sausage's case, but he doesn't count." Shelby said in astonishment. "Sausage?" Everyone said simultaneously. "Actually, yeah, that makes sense," Scar conceded. Even the hermits had learned of the Sanctuary owner's... odd tendencies. "I'm pretty sure mine are different, though," Jimena said with a sly wink at Jimmy. She wasn't entirely sure he would get the hint, though.

           And sure enough, he didn't. He didn't seem to figure it out at all while all the while Shelby was going on about several different concoctions that could be easily brewed and dealt with headaches, with Scar backing her up on most of them. Then they found out that Scar had used to be a wizard and he and Shelby were soon happily discussing mishaps regarding spells and potions that had gone wrong. And Jimmy still hadn't figured out what Jimena was trying to tell him, despite her multiple hints.

           Sooner or later, though, he figured it out. And it was incredibly obvious and not subtle at all; his eyes widened and mouth dropped open in a comically perfect 'o' shape. "The Watchers." He breathed, and Jimena restrained herself from slapping her hand over his wooden mouth to keep him quiet, because that would have definitely caught the witch and wizard's attention. Thankfully though, Scar and Shelby had been too busy comparing experimental enchanted objects to have noticed.

           Sooner or later the magic users left, and Jimmy stayed behind to talk to Jimena. "That fight in your mind with Grian and that other Watcher," Jimmy started, talking to her from inside a broom closet. "Qiron. Or 2. Or Blue. There was this weird phase where we all refered to each other by our special colors." Jimena said. "Also, why are we in a broom closet?"

           "To not get heard by anyone." The sheriff responded like it was obvious. "Who's here to overhear?" Jimena asked, exasperated at his meager mental workings. In other, more simpler, words, Jimmy was a bit too thick for her liking, although he was quite oddly endearing in that way.

           "Oh, so you've told False already?" Jimmy asked. Jimena opened her mouth to reply and then closed it again, thinking of all the times that she'd gotten close but then found that she couldn't speak. "No." She admitted quietly. "Oh, you're doing it like Grian did? Not even telling his best friends?" Jimmy said, an undertone of hidden and suppressed resentment in his words.