The dreaded day

As soon as Jimena woke up that morning she had a sinking feeling in her chest that it was going to be the worst day in her life. It didn't help that there was someone in her head that was telling her all the stuff she was supposed to do that day and making her feel even worse. Oh well, at least Herodias was being nicer now, thanks to 2 for some reason...

         Sighing, Jimena looked down at her hand as she summoned a violaceous blade around her fist. Then she punched the wall with it. Instead of her hand hurting there was now a burning hole in her bedroom wall. A very ugly burning hole in her bedroom wall. "Well, at least we know that works." She muttered mutinously to herself. 

         Dragging her feet and feeling like she wanted to stay in bed forever and never wake up again, she moved to the kitchen and found Martyn and False already there and looking twitchy. False had a lot more weapons on her than her paranoid self usually allowed and had shaking hands. Martyn's eyebags were a little better but the shadows under his eyes were somehow even worse than earlier and he kept on sipping coffee. 

         Wordlessly Jimena slid into her seat and stared blankly at the table. "Today's the day." Martyn muttered as he finished what appeared to be his third cup of coffee. "Yes." False said, not looking happy about it at all. Do I have to do this? Jimena asked Herodias. Yes. Came the expected reply. With a frustrated sigh the girl buried her head in her arms. 

          "I am not okay." Jimena mumbled even before anyone could ask her. "Relatable." Martyn said shortly, pouring himself a fourth cup of coffee. "That's not healthy." False told him. "Does it look like I care?" Martyn asked, sounding slightly unhinged. False paused a second before answering. "No." Her other personality said after a while. "Then leave me alone and don't talk to me about my ?*$^*&in' coffee!" He snapped.

          "Language!" Jimena and False immediately admonished. Martyn scowled at them but said nothing and went back to drinking his coffee. Jimena just felt even more tired looking at him attempting to keep himself awake and wondered if she should be drinking coffee too. She technically wasn't really a kid anymore... 

            "Pass me the coffee." She asked in what was supposed to be a polite voice but it turned out sounding incredibly exhausted and drained. Martyn understood and wordlessly passed her his fifth mug of coffee that he hadn't drank from yet. Jimena blew on it and then started sipping. It was a lot more bitter than she expected... but she oddly didn't want to stop drinking it either. 

           "Great, now we have two coffee addicts in the house." False muttered in what Jimena thought that she expected to be humor. "I'm not addicted." The girl pointed out, setting the mug down. "Yet." Martyn shrugged. "Well, if I die today this will be my only cup of coffee I will have in my life so I don't think this counts as an addicting." Jimena said. 

           Everyone just stopped trying to make conversation with each other after that. False went back to cooking and a few minutes later she was passing out plates of eggs. Jimena made a face. "Did you have to cook eggs of all things?" She whined. False smiled for the first and maybe last time that day. "It was just to lighten the mood up a bit." She said. "Do you feel better?"

          "No." Jimena said flatly. "Neither do I." Martyn said, stabbing the egg rather aggressively with his fork. Suddenly Jimena had a vision of Martyn holding a knife in the place of the fork and stabbing it into the sheriff rather than the egg and she blinked, hurriedly looking away. Or maybe I'll be the one who kills him today. Ugh, I hate this whole thing. Why do the Watchers have to make us do this?

           Jimena waited for Herodias to say something or maybe break her promise and start with her mental scratches again but nothing happened. She didn't even speak up at all. Which was better than before at least, but... Jimena was just really confused now. With a resigned sigh she started spooning the egg into her mouth. Then she stopped.