Mumbo's adventures in another world

There were only two days left until the Watchers attacked. Grian found himself getting extra jumpy and nervous as the day wore on. And he kept remembering the evolutionists... and what happened in his old world... Grian tried to shake the bad memories off but they kept on coming back to plague him.

           "Are you okay, Grian?" Mumbo asked, sitting down next to him. Grian sighed. "No." He admitted. "I'm scared that I'll lose someone again. Or everyone." Mumbo didn't say anything at first. "Yeah, me too." He said. "And this certainly wasn't how I expected my week to be going. I was just making a redstone contraption and then poof I'm here and tied up in all of this Watcher stuff."

           Mumbo sounded so flabbergasted, with his glorious mustache jumping up and down as he spoke, that Grian couldn't help but laugh. "Yeah, sorry about that." He said. "But Grumbot was going to destroy the world if he didn't teleport you here so you kind of had to come." Mumbo paused to a second. "Grian, there's still a Grumbot back home, isn't there?" He asked.

           "Yeah, what about it?" Grian asked. "So there's a Grumbot at home..." Mumbo began slowly, "Where I no longer am." Grian started to realize what Mumbo was getting at. He flapped his hand to his mouth. "Oh no... what if Grumbot decides to destroy that world?!" He panicked. Mumbo turned a seasick sort of green. "All of the different Grumbots all have the same hive mind so maybe we should try asking the one we have here nicely not to."

           So they flew up to the top of Hermitcraft where Grumbot was shooing away some pesky birds that were trying to land on him and even poop on him. "Great, another pesky bird." Grumbot deadpanned as he spotted Grian and Mumbo arriving. "Can't handle the birdies?" Grian teased, but he immediately shut up when the giant AI glared at him. The hermit still hadn't forgotten the one time Grumbot had said, 'my Grian was sorry too...'

           "Grumbot, since I'm no longer at home," Mumbo started, "What are you going to do?" "Make you mayor." Grumbot responded promptly. "But I first must get rid of than cat lady so you can take her place." Mumbo gulped and shuffled awkwardly. "Um, can we not resort to serious-sounding measures like that?" He squeaked. "And I was asking what the other version of you back home was going to do now that I'm here."

           "My other self is currently getting existential." Grumbot replied, which didn't exactly help Grian's nerves. "Don't purge the world!" He said quickly. Grumbots gaze settled on him. "But I find no purpose in it." He said. "I do." Mumbo said.

           "I kind of want to go back there after all this is over and I want to still have a home to return to. So can you please leave it alone?" Grumbot paused and considered. Grian could practically hear the gears turning in his mechanical mind.

           "Very well." Grumbot finally said. "It will be easier to make you mayor in that world anyhow. But once you are back there I will purge this world." Grian and Mumbo looked at each other in panic. "Can you not purge any worlds based on whether or not they have Mumbo in them?!" Grian asked frantically. "No." Grumbot said flatly.

           "Any world that does not serve a purpose for me must be gotten rid of." Grian and Mumbo gulped. "Grian, what do we do?" The redstoner asked, whispering in his ear. "I don't know!" Grian whispered back. "Then what should we do?" Mumbo asked in a panicked voice. "Put it off until tomorrow! Or next week! This is not something to deal with right now!" Grian yelped as he jumped off the platform to fly as far away from Grumbot as possible.

---

           False softly hummed along the song tune to herself as she listened to the chaotic but somehow catchy song. The Mind Electric proved to actually be a fun thing to listen to. She reminded herself to thank Grian for giving her the song, even if his only priority at that time was to snap her back to her senses through any way possible. And it seemed to work. She found herself not worrying about the other False as much, although that might be because she was too busy worrying about the Watchers.