Candy

After the Halloween surprise party mishap, Jimmy decided to take Jimena trick or treating. "That's the thing where you ask for candy and people give it to you, right?" She asked. Jimmy nodded. "I wasn't planning on doing it this year since toys can't eat, but I'll go with you."

           They decided to go to Animalia for trick or treating, since Lizzie was infamous for having lots of tasty candy to spare every Halloween. But apparently everyone, emperors and hermits alike, had realized that, because the quaint little empire was a whole lot more crowded than it usually was.

           "Hi, Timmy!" Grian called, walking over with his glass helmet in his hands, which was full to the brim with candy. He'd apparently been using it for a bucket. "Hi, Jimena." "Hi, Grian!" Jimena waved. "I've already got more candy than you, Tim!" The hermit teased, showing off his haul to the sheriff.

           "Is there a competition?" Jimena asked curiously. "No." Jimmy said at the same Grian said, "Yes." They looked at each other for a second. "Okay, it's a competition!" Jimmy declared. "And we'll get the most candy!" "Okay!" Jimena said, grinning. Apparently she and the sheriff were a team now.

           Suddenly there came a searing pain through her skull and she grasped her head, gasping. Immediately Grian and Jimmy were right by her, asking if she was okay. "I'm fine," Jimena groaned, waving them off. "You don't sound okay," Jimmy said in concern. "Just a migraine." Jimena said. "Now come on, we've got some candy to steal!" "Steal?!" Jimmy and Grian looked at each other.

            Jimena grabbed a random bucket by a well that no one was using, she'd probably return it later, and she and the sheriff practically dragged each other through the Gotham District as they trick or treated.

           The dark district of anthropomorphic bats and smoking factories was all decorated for Halloween, with bat decor and fake cobwebs embellishing every house. Candles hidden inside pumpkins were the only source of light. And most of the citizens had dressed up as vampires, with their bat features contributing an awful lot to the spooky factor.

          "Okay, so what did you mean by 'steal'?" Jimmy asked as they ran through the creepy district. "I meant stealing candy," Jimena said coolly. "What else did you think I meant?" "But that's cheating," Jimmy said, slightly confused. "Isn't trick or treating just us asking for candy and automatically getting it no matter the circumstances? This is just quickening it."

           "Um, I think you've gotten the concept slightly off," Jimmy said as they stopped in front of the first house on their route. "If it works, it works," Jimena shrugged, and she knocked on the door. It opened and an anthropomorphic bat dressed unusually as a rabbit came out with a basket of candy.

           "Thanks, I'll take that," Jimena said, grabbing the basket and dumping the contents into her bucket before running off. "Trick or treat!" Jimmy yelled to the astonished bat as Jimena dragged him away.

           "We are getting in trouble for this," Jimmy predicted with a groan. "Are we?" Jimena asked moan. "Now come on, Grian's got a head start and if we stop now he'll beat us!" "I'm regretting making this a competition," Jimmy groaned.

           It happened at every house. Jimmy would say, 'trick or treat' and then Jimena would steal all the candy. It earned the two of them several glares and a bat that she tried to steal from hit her hard on the head. But then the ceiling light started acting up and glowing purple and it fell down and crashed onto his head. Eventually their bucket was overflowing with candy and Jimmy asked with a sigh if they were done breaking the law now.

           "I think we've got enough candy," Jimena mused. "But just in case..." She surreptitiously flicked her fingers and one by one, candy rose from other people's baskets, coated in a faint violaceous glow, and marched towards Jimena's bucket. Soon Jimena had to use her magic to get another bucket to put make everything fit.