Chapter 37

Chapter name- The engagement

After 2 days, at the Rajvansh farmhouse, everyone was sitting on the breakfast table when Shagun and Varun came inside. " Hey everyone." said Varun. Everyone looked at them. " Shagun." said Anaya and Kriti and got up. Anaya and Kriti ran towards Shagun. Anaya, Kriti and Shagun hugged each other. Rudra and Kartik came to Varun and hugged him. Shagun looked at Varun. " You talk to them." said Shagun.

Kartik looked at Varun. " What is it about?" asked Kartik. Varun looked at him and smiled. " I will tell you later." replied Varun and came to Manorama and Sanjeev. " Namaste uncle and aunty." said Varun and touched their feet. Manorama and Sanjeev smiled. " Varun, we know what you want to talk about. " said Sanjeev. Shagun and Varun were shocked.

" But Papa, how do you know?" asked Shagun while coming towards Sanjeev. Sanjeev looked at Anaya and Kriti. " They both told me about you and Varun liking each other. Me and Kushal talked about this. Neelam Bhabhi and Kushal have no problem in accepting Shagun as the daughter-in-law of the Singh family." said Sanjeev. Shagun and Varun looked at each other and smiled. " Hello everyone." said Kushal while coming inside.

Kushal and Neelam Singh, they are Varun's parents. Varun looked at them. " Maa, Papa." said Varun and ran towards Kushal and Neelam and hugged them. Kushal and Neelam also hugged him. Varun looked at his parents. " When did you both come back from London?" asked Varun. Neelam held Varun's ear. " We came back to surprise you but you surprised us with finding a girl for yourself." said Neelam.

Varun looked at Neelam. " Maa, please leave me. My ear is hurting. And look Shagun is also here." said Varun. Neelam left Varun's ear. Neelam looked at Shagun and came to her. " Shagun, my darling." said Neelam, " Namaste aunty." said Shagun and touched Neelam's feet. Neelam hugged Shagun. " Shagun, I have seen you grow up. You are not just my daughter-in-law, you are my daughter. " said Neelam.

Shagun smiled. Kushal came to Neelam and Shagun. " Shagun." said Kushal. Shagun looked at Kushal and smiled. " Namaste uncle." said Shagun and bent to touch Kushal's feet. Kushal held her. " No, my child. Neelam just said that you are our daughter. And daughters don't touch their feet. " said Kushal. Shagun smiled. Neelam looked at Varun. " Varun, what are you waiting for? Come sit." said Neelam.

Varun looked at her. " Okay Maa." said Varun. Neelam looked at Shagun with a smile on her face. " Come Shagun." said Neelam. Shagun and Varun both sat down on the sofa. Neelam picked a red chunni and kept it on Shagun's head. Then Neelam picked some boxes. In those boxes was jewelry, dry fruits and clothes. Neelam smiled and looked at Manorama. " Manorama, now your daughter is ours." said Neelam.

Manorama smiled. " We have no problem until our daughter is happy with her life partner. " said Manorama. Everyone smiled. Sanjeev looked at Kushal. " Kush, let's have the engagement of Shagun and Varun. " said Sanjeev. Kushal looked at Sanjeev. " Okay Sanjeev that is the best thing. Let's get them engaged tomorrow only." said Kushal. Everyone agreed.

In Anaya and Rudra's room, Anaya was looking at her closet. " What should I wear? This one." said Anaya and picked a saree. " No, I wore this saree on Kriti's engagement. " said Anaya and kept that saree back. Anaya picked anothewr saree. " No, this one is too heavy." said Anaya and kept the saree back when Rudra came and hugged Anaya from behind.

Anaya smiled. " Rudra, what happened?" asked Anaya, " Close your eyes." said Rudra, " But why?" asked Anaya, " Do it." said Rudra, " Okay." said Anaya and closed her eyes. Rudra turned Anaya towards himself and picked a box. Rudra opened that box. " Anaya, this is for you." said Rudra. Anaya opened her eyes and looked at the saree. Anaya smiled.

" Lavender. My favorite color." said Anaya. Rudra had given Anaya a lavender colored saree. " This is for you. That you will wear tomorrow for the engagement. " said Rudra. Anaya smiled and hugged Rudra. " Thanks Rudra." said Anaya, " Anything for you my love." said Rudra. Rudra sat on his knees and kept his hand on Anaya's stomach.

" Baby, you know I treat your mother as a queen. I will treat you as a princess." said Rudra. Anaya smiled. Rudra looked at Anaya. " Anaya, how big is our child?" asked Rudra. Anaya picked a rajma seed and kept it on her stomach. " This small." said Anaya. Rudra smiled. " Don't worry. We will take care of her." said Rudra. Rudra picked Anaya in his arms and then came to the room.

Rudra came to the room and slowly kept Anaya on the bed. Rudra then sat down next to her on the bed. Anaya looked at Rudra and then hugged him and slept. Rudra smiled and started to move his hand on Anaya's head. Soon Rudra and Anaya both slept in the position only. The next day, Anaya woke up and looked at Rudra and smiled.

Anaya moved up and kissed Rudra's cheeks. " Good morning my love." said Anaya and then came down the bed. She came to the washroom and started the shower. The water started to fall on Anaya's body. After a warm bath, Anaya came out in a bathrobe. She saw that Rudra was doing his push-ups. Rudra was looking very hot. Anaya suddenly controlled her feelings.

" Anaya, stop thinking stupid." said Anaya in her mind and then came to the closet. She picked a anarkali suit and came out. She saw Rudra doing his punching practice. When Sanjay came there. He looked at Anaya. " Anaya, can I talk to Rudra alone?" asked Sanjay. Anaya looked at him. " Yes Papa, sure." replied Anaya and went out of the room.

Sanjay looked at Rudra. Rudra sat on the bed. " Papa, you have some work?" asked Rudra. Sanjay came to Rudra and sat down along with him. " Rudra, I have talked to the pandit. He said that next week you have to get crowned as the king of Jaisalmer." said Sanjay. Rudra looked at Sanjay. " Okay Papa." said Rudra. Sanjay smiled and then left from there.

After some time, everyone was in the hall for the engagement. Anaya was in the lavender colored saree. Kartik picked the ring box and came to Shagun. " Here Shagun." said Kartik. Shagun looked at Kartik and smiled. Then she took the ring box and opened it. Shagun picked the ring and then put it in Varun's hand. Then Varun picked the ring and then put it in Shagun's finger. Everyone clapped.