⤷ 08| CHAOTIC ATTEMPTS

CHAPTER EIGHTchaotic attempts

CHAPTER EIGHT
chaotic attempts

⋆. ────────── ꕥ ────────── .⋆

     JUNIPER SPRINTED BACK TOWARDS THE BEACH HOUSE, her wand in her right hand and the photo in her left one. She burst into the house and moved towards the living room.

"Dora!" she exclaimed, seeing her adoptive sister sitting on the couch and crying her eyes out. "What happened? Are you all right? Is it Ted?" While firing off all these questions, June set the photo down onto the coffee table and put her wand back into its pocket before placing an arm around Nymphadora's shoulder.

"I-I'm pregnant," Nymphadora said, in between breaths as she was still crying.

"O-oh," June said, suddenly very unsure of what to say. She exchanged a glance with Charlie, who shrugged, also unsure of the whole situation. "But—but isn't that a good thing?"

"It is!" Nymphadora exclaimed, sounding very frustrated as if she had said it lots of times before. "I only wished Remus thought the same — thank you," she added, as Charlie offered her a handkerchief.

June looked puzzled. "He doesn't?"

Nymphadora blowed her nose and shook her head. "He left, June. He left me."

A silence fell over the room and June's eyes widened.

"W-what?"

"I told him the news and he left," Nymphadora said. "He left." She stared at something in front of her, looking as if the meaning of it finally dawned into her. "He left me, Junior."

Nymphadora looked so hurt and broken that June was very close to look for Remus and drag him back by his ear to tell them what in Merlin's name his problem was.

But she didn't. Instead she pulled her sister close to her and into a tight hug, knowing this was the only comfort she could offer.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?"

June froze. She turned towards Charlie, who sat up in their bed. It was close to midnight and Nymphadora had finally fallen asleep in the guest room.

"I'm going to look for Remus," she truthfully told him.

"I'm coming with you," Charlie said, getting up and starting to get dressed.