Chapter 10

Hajime's pov;
"Greetings and a happy new year's, too each of you." The warden said, while standing at her post.

"Well, this is sure a large venue." Number 15 said.

"Feels like a party," Number 25 said.

In the corner of my eye, I see Number 07 sleeping while standing up. "What is with him, and sleeping? Does he love it that much?.. Then again he doesn't look so good." I thought, before I carefully tapped him on the arm. "Number 07, wake up.".

Number 07 flinched awake and looks around all sleepy. "What?" He asked all clueless.

"You fell asleep while standing up, try to stay awake until we sit down." I said.

Number 07 yawned. "Alright,".

"No one told me, the warden was a woman!" Number 11 yelled.

"She's beautiful" Number 69 said.

"Here at Nanba prison, we have a long standing tradition. A unique way of celebrating this holiday. Our new year's tournament will now begin." Hyakushiki said

"Wait, what kind of tournament?" Number 15 asked. The warden threw down a sign before someone got beside her.

"I will now announce the participants, selected to represent each building." I hear Kenshirou's voice on the speaker.

"Who does he mean by participants?" Number 15 asked.

"The new year's tournament is a event, in which inmates and officers from each building are formed into teams." I replied.

"Each member of the teams, that manages to win this tournament. Will be awarded with a prize." Seitarou said.

"And us guards are rewarded with a pay bonus. As each inmate will be able to select any prize of their choosing." Yamato said.

"Hajime, you gotta let us join bro!" My inmates other then 07 shouted in my face.

I look at Yamato and said."Damn it, Yamato, why did you have to go and tell them!".

"Um, I should mention that, it's the Warden that gets to choose the participants." Seitarou said. We threw our attention back to the announcements.

"Representing building 13, we have cell 13." Kenshirou said.

"How's that fair!!" Me and Seitarou yelled at the same time.

"Oh great, a party.. I hate parties." Number 07 said in a tired tone.

Number 11 walked over to Number 07 then grabbed his hand. "You're still out of it, Tb/n. Let's go to the stands and sit down." Number 11 lead number 07 to the staircase and I  followed with the other Inmates and coworkers behind.

The moment we found our seats, and sat down, number 07 fell back to sleep and leaned on number 11's shoulder. I decided to let it go for now, since he hasn't caused me problems for a while.

"Hajime," A familiar voice said. I turn my head, and Samon was walking towards me. "I hear your buildings, getting representing by cell 13. My  condolences in advice for the loss.".