Chapter 46

(Manga spoilers past this point)

Uno's pov;
"Don't get so mad. I just wanted to ask about some doubts I've always had." I said.

"A question huh? Depending on the contents, I won't listen or answer." Kokoriki said.

"I want to know. What kind of person your former supervisor, Enki Goku is." I asked.

"You want to talk about Enki?" Kokoriki asked.

"Right. It's been on my mind ever since I came here. What kind of person is that former supervisor? I mean, that guy killed an inmate. Yet even though he's a criminal, the guys here still show him respect. More over, everyone sounds incredulous about the crucial detail of the murder itself. Everytime the topic turns to Enki, you guys and that kappa both change expressions. Even though he's a murderer, you don't want to see or think of him like that. Why do you guys doubt the murder to that extent? Why do you look like you can't believe it even now? What's your reason for not thinking of him as a villain even now? There's gotta be something other than his strength." I wondered.

"Who told people like you about Enki?" Kokoriki asked.

"The reason we still show respect for Enki even now, is because we respect him more than anyone else. Enki saved a great number of people."Youriki said.

"He saved people?" Liang asked.

"You guys must have heard of it at least once, right? No, even now it's a famous story. It caused a huge stir all across the world. About how inmates were used for illegal organ trafficking." Youriki said.

"I heard about that. At first it was a simple rumor going around, but I never thought it'd turn out to be true. It's that, right? Apparently organs from death row convicts were getting sold on the black market at first, but some guys heard it's been profitable and got their hands on organs from other people too. More over, it was some prison cheif that connected a bunch of prisons to the underworld right?" Honey asked.

"It was a famous story. I mean, prisons were connected directly to the black market. It caused a huge stir. Well, the chief was indicted by his own subordinate, and he was arrested along with his broker and everyone else. You don't hear about that kind of stuff anymore." Trois said.

"But that ended a while ago, right? That chief and the prison aren't around anymore, and the investigation into the prisons involved with the organ trade was relentless. The brokers disappeared, and that was that. Actually, what does this all have to do with Enki. Wait don't tell me the subordinate who made the indictment was. It was Enki." I said.

As Rokuriki explained everything about what Enki has done back then, like investigating the surgeries on the convicts. Then finding out that human experiments was true, before getting the police and the judiciary involved on his chief.

"Hey now, are you kidding? I mean, the story we heard from Liang and them was that Enki would hurt the inmates. And the dolls in this weird basement are clearly dangerous, right?" I asked.

"He noticed that the guys conducting the organ deals required healthy people. They didn't target the injured and the sick. Or people with damaged organs or abnormalities. It's true that Enki's methods were aggressive, but even so that was probably the only way to directly monitor the inmates while being watched. Directly protecting the inmates would stand out, so he injured them and had them taken to a medical building he monitored for examination at fixed intervals. It seems the boss of your organization, number 8, included you guys in that deal as well. You were targeted too after you were taken into custody, after all. Those dolls were made to be on guard against the ones monitoring the death row convicts too. That's why Enki made them watch over these underground cells when he came to Nanba." Rokuriki replied.