Chapter 48

(Manga spoilers past this point)
Jyugo's pov;
The ground shakes underneath my feet as parts of the ground lifts up and came at us. I see Hajime dodge out of the way while I stayed put and let myself get trapped inside a ball, made out of the ground. Spikes from every direction was pointing at me and moves closer until it suddenly stops. "It stopped? No, someone stopped it? Well, at any rate I didn't die... Isn't that right? Elf.". I looked over my shoulder to him standing there and I smiled at him.

"Huh? Oh, you're not surprised? How boring. More importantly, how's the comfort level? How's it feel to narrowly escape death?" He asked.

"That's my line." I said, as I cut the spikes into tiny little pieces then changed my arms back to normal. "At any rate, if I die so will you. Put another way, as long as you're here I won't die. How's it feel to narrowly escape death?".

"Asshole," He said.

"So this is what that woman meant when she said she could see into my heart. The minds of both you and me exist inside of me. That's why she called me, Elf?" I asked.

"Hah, don't tell me you dropped your defenses just to confirm that? Are you an idiot? Your thoughts are as impossible to understand as ever. Just when I think you're not interested in others, you go and obediently believe in the words of some unknown enemy. But I was able to meet you again like this." He replied.

"I don't care whether it's the truth or a lie." I said. We walk towards each other.

"The old you would never have purposefully come to see me, huh. But your real goal isn't me. You got something you wanna ask me? Hm?" He asked.

"You sure are shameless. I kind of understand how you're me now, right? It's about that woman. Her power isn't normal. Just what is she? How can she know about how you exist within me? Why did she look so pained even though she seemed to have given up right from the start?" I asked.

"Who knows? I was wondering what you'd go so far as to almost die in order to say, but it turns out it's about someone else again. And on top of that, it's about someone who tried to kill you." He replied.

"Hurry up and tell me. Either way, you guys did something right?" I asked.

"Asshole, don't get carried away just because you overcame your doubts." He said.

Hajime's pov;
While 15 is trapped in that stupid rock ball, I got stuck with the woman.. Well that's what I thought. After the smoke cleared up a lot more, the woman was gone, and was replaced with a rookie guard named Houziki Sanzou.

"My sister hasn't done anything wrong." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Even though in the beginning, all she wanted to do was help Enki. I didn't think, it would turn into a fight to the death. If I hadn't said I'd lend my body to her... Then my sister wouldn't have had to go through such a painful experience." He said.

"So you're asking me to overlook things since that woman hasn't done anything wrong? Don't screw with me. Your supposed sister's killing intent was the real deal. You think she can be forgiven at this point? For you to go that far, what the hell are you trying to cover for?" I questioned.

"Because I didn't save her that time. It made me happy that, there was something I could do. If I could save my sister if I could make her happy, then that was all I needed. If my sister's wish was to save Enki, then I would happily lend a hand. If it would make my sister's wish come true, then I'm willing to commit any sort of crime." He said.