Chapter 36

Y/n's pov;
"Didn't see that coming did you?" Hachiman asked.

"Impossible, how'd he do that?" Upa asked.

"That was qigong, I'm certain." Liang said.

I went over to Liang laying down on his stomach. I bent down and grabbed his arms to help him up to his feet. I put his arm around my shoulders, and saw Rokuriki back up on his feet with a blue glow surrounding his body and his hands out in front of him.

"How? Rokuriki isn't a qi user." Upa said.

"That attack trump talisman was augmented by a daoist master, it enables any subject to use qigong." Hachiman said.

"But his body isn't strong enough." Upa said.

"Yeah, there's a fair chance that Rokuriki here will kill himself. But that's a sacrifice, I'm ready to make. You know how I do old pal, I use every tool available." Hachiman said. I could tell Rokuriki look exhausted.

"You evil piece of shit!" Upa raised his voice, before he ran towards Rokuriki, as Rokuriki made balls of qigong.

I took a quick look at Nico and he was out of breath while holding his chest.

"Decisions, decisions-" I look back to Hachiman raising his fist.

"Upa, look out!" I warned.

Hachiman punches Upa and sending him back. "Let me clue you in on what's holding you back." Upa coughed out blood. "Your sense of compassion." Hachiman punches Upa Into the ground, causing the ground under Upa's feet to crumble. "And hesitation,".

"Master, no!" Nico yelled.

"The power of friendship isn't real, kid. The world doesn't care what you're fighting for. Justice doesn't exist anywhere, but in your stupid little skull, get it?" Hachiman asked.

"Master!" Nico shouted, before running towards Hachiman.

"Nico stay away from him!" I said.

"Stay back!" Upa said.

"I really hate heroes." Hachiman said. He grabbed Nico by the throat and lift him in the air. "You were talking about your medicine earlier, I see a lot of rats like you in my line of work in orphanages, hospitals, side of the road. You all got the same hungry eyes. Limb spasms, erratic breathing, delay pupil response. You're coming down off something strong, I don't know why poison wouldn't work on a druggie. Maybe something special about you." I let go of Liang and took one step towards Hachiman. He points a needle at me. "Don't even think about it boy, come near me and I'll drive this needle in the side of his ribs." I stop in my tracks, I can't risk the safety of Nico. "Good boy," Hachiman puts the needle away. "Doesn't matter now though, it's all about to end." I could tell Nico was coming off his medicine. "You finally broke.".

"Nico, hang in there!" I said. The white bandages around his arm and eye turns to a bright red. "That's not good.".

"What's happening to him?" Upa asked.

"His meds are wearing off." I said.

"Just make it go away, just make it go away. I'll do anything you want, I need my-" Nico goes limb.