Chapter 6

This week went by so fast. Dylan has been kinda distant lately. Even in science he would usually say something but he hasn't said anything to me. It's Friday... Our "date" was on Wednesday. On our date I lied. I wanted to kiss him so badly. I wanted to tell him that I really like him but I chickened out. Right now it's my last class, language arts. Dylan's in my class just like the rest of my classes. He walked in glanced at me and sat in his assigned seat. I sighed heavily and did my work. But I felt it. The same thing I felt when all of this started. His gaze. He was staring at me. I tried my best not to look at him. And I succeeded. Then the teacher made an announcement. "Okay so we have a project due soon. On the chapters we've read so far in Divergent... So I don't wanna be one of those teachers who chooses the partners... So choose wisely." The teacher sat down and automatically Dylan came to sit next to me. I smiled and he returned the favor.

"So uh I was wondering if I did something wrong? Like you haven't been talking to me..." I said.

"No I just... I want you to like me... I just... Never mind."

"But Dyl I do like you a lot." He looked up.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah... So where do you wanna do the project?" I asked him.

"My house after school... So basically in 15 minutes." He responded and I laughed. Soon enough the class ended and we were currently walking to his car. I opened the door and got in and he did the same. Once we arrived he walked into the kitchen and I followed. He leaned on the counter and sighed. "I want you to trust me so badly."

"Why?"

"Because if we like each other and our relationship doesn't develop trust... We'll be living in fear our whole life."

"Our whole life?"

"Yeah." He simply stated not dragging the conversation further. We worked on the project in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence there was just a ton of tension in the air... "There's so much tension I just wanna talk to you." Dyl finally spoke up.

"What do you wanna talk about?"

"Your life story..."

"Dyl... I don't know..."

"I trust you. Can I at least tell you mine? Like on why I'm broken like you."

"Uh yeah I guess... You trust me?"

"I've trusted you since I laid my eyes on you. Anyways, so basically when I was younger I lived in New Jersey. I grew up in Springfield Township. Then I moved to Cali. I had a reason. While living in Jersey, my uh... My uh dad... Got in a really bad car accident. I was really close to him. He was DOA... I lost the person that I was closest to. Sure I love my mom but my dad and I had that father son bond. Something unbreakable. But apparently ours was... I lived my life for a few years thinking some awful person did this to him and survived. The person that hit my dad was drunk. So that person didn't even remember. I wonder if he lives his life in guilt. My mom told me when I got older and understood this better. And I was just really upset. I even did some self harm. I stopped that though... I just got so mad and yelled at anyone who tried talking to me. That's why I have this bad boy image... No one understands me."

"Besides me." I spoke up and he looked at me.

"So what's yours?" He said looking at me and I broke down.

"I-I-I h-hate talking a-about it. I just need a little time." I said calming down a bit as he rubbed my back.

"It's okay babe take your time." He reassured me and I just nodded. For the rest of the time at his house we just sat on his couch watching American Horror Story. Should I tell him? I'm not sure if I'm ready yet...
•••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/n
Hey! Dylan spoke up to Stephanie... Wonder what Stephanie's story is 🙊 I have ideas 😏 anyways, thanks for reading!
-Kelly