Chapter 38

Sprayberry and I finished mean girls. I repeatedly kept checking my phone to see if Dyl called or texted me. I guess Sprayberry noticed and said, "Just go Stephanie... Go check on him. I'll just hang with Brayden." I smiled and attacked him with a hug. I quickly put on my shoes and grabbed my phone then started to walk to Dyl's house. After about 2 minutes I arrived at Dyl's house. My hand was hovering over the door about to knock. I have a feeling that something is gonna go terribly wrong. I decided to suck it up and knock on the door. After a few seconds I heard some footsteps and the door swung open revealing Dyl.

"Uh hi Dyl..." I said looking down.

"Hey." He said and pulled me into a hug and kissed my temple.

"Can I ask what was that? Like back at my house... You being extremely rude to my cousin..." I started.

"I'm sorry... I was just pissed off about what you said... About me being scary and tough. I don't want to be seen that way." He said.

"Dyl, when I first met you I thought that. Now, every now and then. Sometimes when you yell that scares the hell out of me... You just get this look of fury in your eye and honestly, it does scare me. I don't want you to like swing at me or anything because that happened with my dad once..."

"ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS? IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU'D LIKE TO TELL ME? I THOUGHT YOU TOLD ME EVERYTHING! YOUR DAD ABUSED YOU AND APPARENTLY YOU THINK IM JUST AS SICK AND TWISTED AND ILL DO THE SAME!" Dyl yelled in my face and got really close.

"RELAX DYLAN! OKAY SINCE WHEN DO I HAVTA TELL YOU EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN MY LIFE?" I yelled right back at him.

"BECAUSE STEPH. THATS WHAT TRUST IS. YOURE NEW TO THIS WHOLE TRUST THING AND YOU DIDNT TELL ME ANY OF THE OTHER THINGS THAT HAPPENED. I WANTED TO KNOW YOUR LIFE STORY. MEANING EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED IN YOUR LIFE!!!" He was beyond furious.

"BECAUSE I ALREADY TOLD SOMEONE! IT WAS HARD TO TELL CODY WHEN WE WERE YOUNGER AND NOW? HE STILL DID IT WHEN I MET YOU BUT I NEVER TALKED ABOUT IT! YOU SURE KNOW HOW TO MAKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND FEEL AS COMFORTABLE AS POSSIBLE!" I screamed. I was just as mad as he was.

"YOU TOLD CODY AND NOT ME? IM YOUR FUCKING BOYFRIEND! WOW STEPH JUST WOW! I CANT BELIEVE YOU!" Dylan screamed as he pushed me hard enough to make me fall to the ground. I landed and once did I looked up at him. "Shit. Steph I didn-" he started as he tried to help me up.

"FUCK OFF DYLAN AND STAY OUT OF MY LIFE!" I yelled getting up and walking through his front door. I ran to my house. I can hear Dylan's voice in the distance yelling, "Steph!" But I ignored it. At this point tears were streaming down my face. Me saying that he would hit me like my dad did was just me being paranoid. I walked through the door and up the stairs just to slam my bedroom door. Sprayberry noticed so did Brayden. Brayden got up angrily and basically ran down the stairs and out the door. Sprayberry came into my room slowly. I had my face in my pillow and I was balling my eyes out. I told Dylan to fuck off and to stay out of my life. I broke up with him. I can't believe I just broke up with him. Well was that clear... I mean I'm not so sure if I actually wanted to break up... Sprayberry came and put a hand on my back. I looked up and he engulfed me into a hug.

"Tell me everything Stephanie." He simply stated and I explained it through sobs. "Jackass." Was all he said and walked out of my room. Shit. Him and Brayden were gonna kick the crap out of Dylan. I quickly ran down the stairs and out the door. I started to run towards Dylan's house where I saw Sprayberry just enter. I heard yells but they were muffled by the wind on my ears from running. I eventually got to Dylan's house and opened the door. I saw Brayden holding Dylan and Sprayberry punching him. Dylan wasn't fighting back. He looked at me, with blood running down his face and sympathetic eyes.

"STOP!" My voice echoed throughout the house. Sprayberry turned around and dropped his fist. Brayden let go of Dylan and Dylan fell to the floor but quickly got back up. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TWO!" I screamed directing it to Brayden and Sprayberry. Who looked at each other. I could tell they were ashamed of themselves. They just walked past me and out of Dylan's house and to my house. I was gonna turn around myself when a gentle grip stopped me.

"Uh Steph? When you told me to stay out of your life... Did that mean like breaking up?" He asked.

"I have no idea but I know that I don't want to talk to you." I said and walked out. I just left it at that. This was a huge fight that we just had and it ended up being physical. That never happened. And it just brought back nightmares of my dad. I just havta make up my mind with this whole Dylan situation. I just never thought that if someone truly loved you, would hurt you.
••
A/n
So yeah. This chapter has a ton of drama... If you guys actually read these I just wanted to let you know that Sprayberry is there for Steph's graduation... Yeah I didn't really explain that. Oops. Oh and 1.2k reads!!! Ty guyssss sooo much! 💕
-Kelly