Chapter 12

Dylan drove me to the boardwalk. Yeah I love the boardwalk but I wasn't expecting to come here. Our hands were gently intertwined and I was leaning into him. The boardwalk was empty. Not many people come here anymore and I have no idea why. It's so beautiful here. I used to love coming here when I was younger. I was debating of telling Dylan that my parents are getting divorced. "Steph, what's on your mind?"

"Just super stressed."

"Why?" He questioned.

"My uh... Know what? Never mind."

"Steph, how many times do I havta tell you? I'm here for you. I want to be here for you. Even if we aren't dating or whatever we even are I want to be here for you."

"MyParentsAreGettingDivorced." I said really fast so he couldn't understand me.

"Steph. If I'm gonna be here I need to be able to understand you." Dylan said laughing.

"Well, uh... My. Parents. Are. Getting. Divorced." I said slower and he froze. He didn't know what to say for once.

"I'm sorry Steph that's probably really tough." He said finally.

"Honestly. Not really. My dad doesn't give 2 shits about me... And I'm living with my mom. By the way you're coming over for dinner on Wednesday night... So can you just come over my house after school and stay there? Unless if you wanna go home first."

"I'll just go to your house after school." He said. I smiled and nodded at him. "Here we are." Dylan said and directed my view to a table set up on the boardwalk.

"Awh Dyl!" I said and he bent down and pecked my lips then I gave him a hug. We sat down and on the plates was a cheeseburger and fries. Not classy at all and that's what I like. Dylan thinks of the little things then makes it seem casual which is what I really like about him. Soon enough we finished our meals and Dylan took my hand and led me towards this old broken down roller coaster. "I remember this ride." I said admiring the old memories flowing through my brain.

"Yeah me too..." Dyl said. "Hey?"

"Yeah?"

"So uh... I was wondering... If we can... Uh make it official... Like will you be my girlfriend?" Dyl asked nervously.

"Of course Dyl!" I said and a huge smile spread across his face as he bent down and kissed me passionately. My hands went around his neck and his dropped from my face to my waist. Our lips moved in sync. He begged for entrance and I allowed it. Eventually we parted slowly and his forehead rested on mine.

"Best kiss ever." Were the words that he managed to get out. I just smiled, pecked his lips and started to walk forward. He followed after me and eventually caught up and hugged me from behind. He kissed my neck and picked me up and brought me to his car where he opened the door and laid me on the back seat. He hovered above me and just kissed me.

"Dyl. It's. Almost. My. Curfew." I said between kisses. Dyl stopped kissing me and moved away. He helped me up, opened the door to the passengers seat in the front and I went in. We drove home and once we got to my house, we got out and he walked me to my porch.

"Best night of my life. Steph, I got the girl that I always wanted and I had the best kiss of my life."

"Well tonight I got the best boyfriend, best date, and the best kiss of my life." I said and leaned in and pecked his lips.

"Bye Steph!" Dyl said and walked down the stairs of my porch. I was just about to open the door when I stopped and turned around, Dyl also turned around and I jumped into his arms. My legs wrapped around his body and I just kissed him. Our lips moved in sync yet again. The door opened revealing Brayden.

"Hey Dylan! Try not sucking my sister's face off!" We pulled apart and he dropped me.

"Bye Dyl!" I said and Brayden and I walked inside. Brayden is awesome. He's so protective of me and looks out for me all the time.

"So is that your boyfriend?" He asked.

"Yeah..." I said.

"If he breaks your heart I break him. Fill me in on the details when I move out."

"Don't worry Brayden, I will." He gave me a hug and went upstairs to his room to pack up his belongings. I saw my sister, Kayla, staring at a picture of all of us. A family picture. I sat down next to her and patted her back.

"You okay Kayla?" I asked.

"Why does our family havta be ripped apart?" She asked as a tear fell down her face.

"Wish I knew Kay... Wish I knew." I patted her back and gave her a comforting hug. I went in my room and changed into my pajamas. I laid down on my bed and stared at my ceiling. I am now officially dating the boy I was terrified of.
••
A/n
Hi! I'm sooo happy today for so many reasons.... BUT THEYRE OFFICIALLY DATING OTP 😂 Thanks for reading! 💕
-Kelly