Chapter 40

Gym. Everyone hates it. Especially me. Like okay, I'm cool with just doing small things like throwing a frisbee. But running.... Not my style. Anyways, I was in my normal gym clothes which was a sports tank top with some jogging shorts. I have this stuff but I don't go jogging. I was running with Kacey when I heard, "Steph! Steph!" It was Dylan but he seemed out of breath.

"Can I help you Dylan?" I asked as calmly as possible.

"Yeah can we talk privately for a second?" He asked signaling for Kacey to leave for a moment, which she responded to with a roll of her eyes. But she left anyways. "How did you get those?" He asked.

"Get what?" I asked confused on what he was talking about.

"The bruises. How did you get the bruises?" Oh yeah... I totally forgot about that. I havta answer honestly.

"You. When you pushed me. I fell and my arm bruised. I'm fine Dylan just continue running." I told him and started to run when he stopped me.

"Steph it's not fine! Pushing your girlfriend isn't fine! I'm an asshole that never even deserved you in the first place! I was never the nicest kid and that's why you never acknowledged me! I was always jealous of Cody always! I took my anger out on other innocent kids! Then I pushed you! I'm angry with myself, I'm so ashamed! I was never raised like this never! I hate myself for that. Steph please forgive me... I'm not asking to get back together... I'm just asking for your forgiveness." Dylan pleaded.

"I just need time to think okay?" I told him and he nodded. "Also, please just I need some time away from you Dylan like a week please." I said and called Kacey over to begin running again. I know Dylan was running close behind me. I just ignored him. Throughout the whole day I ignored Dylan and he didn't talk to me but he stared. His gaze was upon me literally the whole day. But today, after school, Tyler and Cody are coming over. They both know what happened... I told Cody and Dylan told Tyler. Tyler told him that he is beyond an idiot and is a jackass. Cody legit threatened to beat the shit out of him if he bothered me when I didn't want to talk to him. They're the best. Overprotective friends... I love it. We walked to my house and into my basement. For one, we havta do this group project. Second, they said that I need to take my mind off of this whole Dylan situation. I don't feel comfortable calling him Dyl if we're not in a relationship. When we were together us calling each other Dyl and Steph was our thing. But now... There's no point. I'm the only person that calls him Dyl... Well was. I stopped thinking about Dylan and just blurted out, "Did I make a mistake by breaking up with Dylan?" Everyone stopped what they were doing. Even Sprayberry and Brayden stopped. They were playing ping pong.

"Do you believe you made a mistake?" Sprayberry asked and sat next to me.

"I don't know." I replied honestly.

"Stephanie, listen. You've been fighting. He's head over heels in love with you. So if you want to go back to him then do it. If you don't then don't. You're going to college soon anyways... What college is he going to?" Cody asked.

"UCLA." I replied.

"Oh I'm going to UCLA..." Cody said.

"Me too!" Tyler said.

"Me too..." I said. We stopped then started screaming with joy. We're all going to the same college... I'm excited. I got in for my grades because I don't do sports. For UCLA, a good way to get in is either sports or if you have insanely good grades and a high gpa. Which I have both... We hung out until midnight then they went home because it was getting late. They're no fun... I ended up going to bed after they left. As I got in bed the door cracked open.

"Stephanie? You awake?" It was Sprayberry. I just groaned. "I'll take that as a yes." He walked in my room and sat on my bed. "So I just wanted to say that I don't think you made a mistake in breaking up with Dylan. He deserved it. He shouldn't have treated you like that at all. I mean of course later if you forgive him and get back together that's your call. But I do know for a fact that Cody likes you." He told me.

"Yeah I know... He told me that awhile ago. That's kinda when Dylan and I started fighting." I said.

"Cody's a good guy... You better let me know when you two date." He demanded.

"How do you know that I'll date Cody... What if I date Tyler?" I pointed out.

"Just call me when you do know." Sprayberry said.

"K." I responded.

"Don't 'K' me." He said and walked out laughing. I laughed slightly when sleep took over.
••
A/n
This is such a filler it's so boring omg I'm so sorry... I'm loving Sprayberry in this. Like a lot. I'm thinking about ending this story in like 10 more chapters... ? Maybe I'll do like their summer too... Or like part of their summer then end it at like a really huge cliffhanger... Hmm idk yet...
-Kelly