Chapter 39

I woke up with mascara running down my face. I sighed heavily, groaned, then got out of bed to do my normal routine. I just put on a sweatshirt with a pair of leggings and my hair was in a high pony tail. I feel so tired. Before I put on my sweatshirt I had some bruises on my arms. Thank god the sweatshirt covers in because if Dylan saw that he did that than he would've been so ashamed of himself... I can't have him being so upset. He got really violent last night and that got me thinking. What if he does it again? That thought stayed in my head. I was walking to school when I passed the corner where I usually meet Dylan and Tyler at. No one was there but Dylan just got out of his house. He started walking faster to catch up to me but I just took off. I started to run and that says a lot since I don't run. I got to school out of breath. "Hey Stephanie!" Cody exclaimed.

"Hi.... Cody...." I said out of breath.

"You ran here?" He asked.

"Yeah to get away from Dylan." I replied.

"Why?" He asked and I explained the whole thing but I made him promise not to tell anyone. "Stephanie... I don't want to make you upset but lately you guys have been fighting a lot. Have you ever thought about breaking up with him?" He asked and I thought for a moment.

"Honestly, yes. I thought I did right when he pushed me because I told him to stay out of my life. But then I realized that I love him." I said.

"So when you kissed me you didn't feel anything?" Cody asked and I thought again. Honestly, I did feel small tiny sparks with Cody... But I could never tell Dylan this. "Answer honestly because I can tell when you're lying."

"Yeah. A little. I just... I don't know. I'm sorry... Maybe I should take a tiny break from Dylan..." I said and Cody nodded. "I'm gonna go to my locker." I walked into school and to my locker. I closed in and turned around only to see Dylan right behind me.

"Why didn't you wait?" He asked.

"Hmmm I don't know if you were there but last night you pushed me so I think I have every right NOT to wait." I snapped. He sighed.

"Steph, I'm not sure how many times do you want me to say it but I'm sorry." Dylan told me.

"Dylan... I've been thinking... I think we need to take a break..." I said.

"You're breaking up with me?" He asked and I slowly nodded and walked into homeroom leaving him standing there. Dylan snapped back into reality and followed me into homeroom. "This is really happening? You're seriously breaking up with me? Steph, do you realize how much I regret what I did? I just got so jealous of Cody... I couldn't control it. I just got so mad... When you kissed him I know you did it out of jealousy but I got so angry. Please Steph..." He said barely audible. Tears started filling in his eyes.

"Dylan, listen. From my perspective, I was scared, terrified even. You pushed me Dylan I just can't forget that! You screwed up and you know that! Just I need a break from our relationship." I responded.

"Okay I get it... Can we at least be friends?" He asked with eyes that were so pleading yet desperate.

"Yeah sure Dylan." I told him.

"At least call me Dyl." Dylan told me.

"Yeah no." I said sternly then turned around. I'm not so sure if I really wanna be friends. See, whenever people break up and say they will stay friends... They never do. And kind of... Just maybe... Want it to be like that. I liked Dylan a lot. I never liked a guy like I liked Dylan... If he stays out of my life nothing like what happened last night will happen to me. For the next two months he's gonna be all over me, I just know it. I can't wait till I graduate... But he got accepted to UCLA just like me. Why does life havta be so complicated?
••
A/n
Hi!!! Please don't hate me! I feel like it was getting boring... But I may or may not write a sequel.... 😏 lol NO HATE PLEASE! Sorry...
-Kelly