Chapter 44

Cody drove me to this really nice restaurant.  There was a familiar car behind us I just couldn't put my finger on it.  I decided to ignore it when we pulled into the restaurant.  It's an italian restaurant... nice.  We walked in and Cody said to the hostess, "Reservation for Christian." She flashed him a smile before saying,

"Right this way."  She led us towards the back of the restaurant.  We sat down and stared talking.

"Thanks for taking me here."  I said.

"It's no problem.  I wanted to take you here since you love italian food so much."  Cody said an I just smiled and nodded.  Chinese food is my favorite food and I'm not a huge fan of italian... but it just looks so expensive here.  I don't like when people spend money on me.  After 30 minutes we got our food.  As Cody was about to take a bite of his food his jaw literally dropped and he looked towards the front door. 

"What?" I asked.

"Just don't turn around."  Cody told me.  God, telling me not to turn around makes me wanted to turn around so I did.  That's when I saw that familiar leather jacket enter the restaurant.  Why?  Why does this happen to me?  The hostess pointed in the direction of Cody and I.  Dylan smiled and made his way over as I turned around and groaned.  I gave Cody a look and he just shurgged and made his annoyed face.  The hostess put down a chair for Dylan as he sat down.  Dylan was smiling as Cody and I were glaring at him.

"Dylan?  Why are you here?"  I asked.

"Oh I was bored so I followed you guys here... gave you about 45 minutes of your own time, now I'm here." Dylan explained.

"Wow... that's creepy as fuck."  Cody said as Dylan smiled and nodded his head vigorously.  I rolled my eyes.  That was the only conversation at the table.  Soon, Cody and I finished our dinner then Cody ordered us desert to share since I was kinda full.  We got our tiramisu, which is an italian coffee cake, and each took a bite.

"Soo, is it good?"  Dylan said awkwardly and Cody and I glared.  "Just asking..."  He muttered.  "Wait I wanna bite."  Dylan took my fork out of my hand and took a bite.  "This is reallygood."  He mumbled from the food in his mouth.  Then Dylan took my fork and flicked tiramisu at Cody.  The hostess quickly came over and said,

"Sir you need to leave."  Dylan didn't even answer.  He got up, smashed the rest of the tiramisu on Cody, gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and left.  Why'd he give me a kiss?  To make Cody jealous.  Cody tried getting the tiramisu out of his hair.  I told him to leave it and we'll pay then just go to his house.  He agreed, paid, then we left. 

"That was a very eventful date..."  Cody said as he came downstairs from his room in new clothes. 

"Yeah, you can say that again.  Not literally though."  I said as he laughed.

"God you have no idea how much I like you."  Cody said as I smiled... I didn't blush... weird.  Cody leaned in and so did I.  Our lips touched.  It was a light and gentle kiss but it was cute.  "Stephanie, will you be my girlfriend?"

I thought about it...  Okay sure my feelings for Dylan never left but I like Cody too...  This is so confusing.  I decided that the feelings I had for Dylan were fake and that I like Cody.

"Yes, I'd love to be your girlfriend."  I simply stated as he leaned in again to give me another kiss.  I smiled through the kiss and so did.  After like another hour, Cody walked me home.  As we apporached my house, Dylan was sitting on my porch.  "I'll talk to him."  I said with a sigh.

"Alright... cya Stephanie."  Cody said as he pecked my lips one more time.  Cody walked away as I approached my porch.

"Wha-what the hell was that?"  He asked angrily.

"Dyl, we're not together anymore." I spat.  Then I realized what I said... I said Dyl.

"Oh yeah," he smirked. "Why'd you call me Dyl then?"

"It slipped."  I said.

"Alright, I did want to say sorry... and that I was a jerk but now... are you guys dating?"  Dylan asked.

"Kinda, yeah."  I said.

"Ugh!"  Dylan groaned.  "What's it gonna take for you to realize that I love you more than Cody does and you love me more than you love Cody?!?" 

"That's the thing Dylan.  I already know you love me more than Cody, and I know that I love you way more than Cody.  But this is me moving on.  You should too."  I said.

He shook his head then finally answered.  "Never.  I will never move on from you.  You were the best I've ever had.  Okay?  You're the most important thing in my life and now you're walking away.  Just like my mom.  I never told you because you were pissed off at me.  That's why I wanted you to come over.  Yes, my mom left me and I need you more than ever.  But you hate me too much to even text me seeing how I'm doing."

"Dylan I-"

"Save it Steph, because now you're doing it out of sympathy.  Have fun with Cody.  When he breaks your heart, I'll be waiting."  Then he walked away.  I walked inside and ran up the stairs then slammed my door.  Sprayberry walked in but I just yelled,

"GO AWAY!"  He backed off... but now I feel bad.  I didn't mean to yell but I'm so angry and frustrated that I can't.  Eventually, I cried myself to sleep.

**

a/n

hiii! one more chapter after this then an author's note!  I'm soo sad but you'll see what the author's note says!

-Kelly