Chapter 35

Dyl's party ended. I got home, changed, and immediately fell asleep once I hit the bed. Surprisingly, I wasn't thinking about Cody for the moment...

~The Next Morning~

I woke up and did my normal routine. I just put on leggings and a baggy sweater for my outfit. I left the house and found Dyl. "Hey Dyl!" I said and gave him a peck on the lips. "Can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Hey Steph! And yeah sure..." He replied.

"So this is kinda weird... But uh last night at your party Cody told me he loved me ever since we were kids... And apologized for being a jerk to me but I don't really care and I decided to tell you so it doesn't end up like last time when Tyler told me he liked me." I said and he sighed.

"So you like him?" He asked.

"What? No! He's just a friend because I love you."

"Well then Steph... I don't want you and him being friends." Dylan said sternly.

"Dylan you can't tell me who I can and can't be friends with. Just because we're dating doesn't mean that you just tell me who I can and can't be friends with." I snapped.

"Well Steph, I just did."

"I can't believe you." I said rolling my eyes.

"What? Can't believe that I'm going to prom with you? Me neither." He said. Tears started forming in my eyes.

"Then why go with me?" I said and looked straight into his eyes and he was about to say something when I stopped him. "Fine. It's settled. Find another date Dylan. Maybe it could be the girl you hooked up with. Have a nice life Dylan!" I said and stormed off with tears streaming down my face. I sat on a bench in front of my school and sighed.

"Hey you okay?" Cody said sitting next to me.

"No. I told Dylan that you liked me since last time a boy liked me, I didn't tell him, and it turned into this huge thing... So after I told him I'm not sure if we broke up or not... But I'm positive that we're not going to prom together. So after school will you come to that dress place with me and return it?" I asked.

"Uh yeah sure... But you do have a date." I looked at him confusingly. "Me. I'll go with you. I don't have a date either... Sooo let's go together... As friends." Cody said and I nodded.

"Thanks Cody!" I said and hugged him. Dylan walked up to the school. It looked like he was crying but he stopped. I went to my locker and got my books. When I turned around Dylan was there. "What?" I asked kind of harshly but then muttered a sorry afterwards.

"You called me Dylan." He said.

"That's your name." I said.

"You always call me Dyl. If I do something that's meant to be a joke or if we're not together or not friends or whatever you call me Dylan. Are we not together?"

"I don't know Dylan. But I do know that prom is tomorrow and we're not going together." I said.

"Who are you going with then?" He smirked.

"I'm gonna go with Cody and Tyler's probably gonna hang around with us because he doesn't have a date. Bye." I said and walked into homeroom only to have him follow me.

"This whole thing started with Cody. You're just making this worse by going with him." Dylan pointed out.

"Yeah? Well maybe I want it to get worse." I said kind of harshly. The rest of the day went on with Dylan staring at me and trying to talk to me. I ignored him. I don't want us breaking up but... Maybe we just need a break from each other like not breaking up or actually taking a break just not talking to each other for a few days. So we're not actually broken up, we're just not talking to each other at the moment. At the end of the day, I walked home alone. I know Dylan was walking behind me. Tyler had to stay after school for a project so he wasn't walking with us. I was starting to approach Dylan's house.

"Bye Steph! Cya tomorrow! Well not at the prom but at uhh school. Wait don't ignore me! Turn around!" He yelled and I did as told.

"I don't think I'm going to school tomorrow. I havta get my hair, nails, and makeup done. Wait are you still going to prom?" I asked.

"Uh yeah... Not with anyone though, unless if I find a date tomorrow... I think I'll just hang with Tyler or something... Maybe you and Cody. Steph I'm really sorry. You don't have to forgive me now and I want you to but if you're not ready to forgive me then I get it... Okay?" He said.

"Yeah... Thanks. I'll uh see you at prom. Dylan, if you wanna come to my house for pictures you can. Tyler and Cody are coming at 5:00 so if you want to you can." I told him and he nodded.

"Okay cool. Yeah I will." Dylan said to me. "Oh and Steph? Please call me Dyl... Dylan just doesn't sound right coming out of your mouth." I kept a straight face and shook my head.

"Cya Dylan." I said and walked home. I got up to my room. I didn't have any homework tonight since tomorrow is the prom and I'm so excited. Dylan said he's not going with anyone, whatever. I'm beyond pissed with him. Eventually, it was time for bed and I was tired so I dozed off into the land of dreams.
••
A/n
Hi so this chapter is filled with sooo much drama. Next chapter will be the prom btw. I just wanna have some more drama... So I decided when I finish this story I'm finishing with the epilogue... So I won't leave you with just an ending from there age now... Idek if you guys read these but comment and vote! Tyyyyy
-Kelly