Chapter 42

Previously in Chapter 41:

"Can you forgive?" He asked. I don't know... Can I? I have to answer fast... Because if I don't something unpredictable could happen. That's when... I finally answered.

"No. I can't. You hurt me. Physically and mentally multiple times. I gave you a second chance. Maybe you'll get a third... But not now. I can't even be your friend Dylan! Just please... Stay away from me. When you're near me it makes it harder. Please Dylan." I pleaded with tears threatening to spill.

"Yeah sure... If that's what you want. But know this Steph... I'll love you. I'll always love you. Even if you love someone else, I'll always love you." Dylan said and walked away in the opposite direction. I just started balling my eyes out. The bell rang. No one can see me like this. I quickly ran out of school and to a nearby park bench. This was the same bench I cried on when Dylan and I first broke up. Moments later I see a familiar head of hair coming towards me. Tyler.

"Stephanie! You okay?" He asked.

"Just Dylan and his stupid questions like 'can you forgive?' And my answer of no since he really hurt me. I can't just go running back into his arms... You know?"

"Yeah Stephanie... I understand. Cody was worrying about you like crazy. He likes you... And you like Cody. Dylan and I can be single forever." Tyler said trying to add humor.

"Nahh Dylan will just be lonely because you'll find someone." I reassured him and he smiled. I realized that I stopped crying.

"C'mon let's go back to school." Tyler said to me reaching out his hand so I can take it. I took his hand and we walked to school. Cody immediately came up to me and hugged me.

"Oh god Stephanie I was so worried!" He said and kissed my cheek. I smiled.

"I'm fine Cody don't worry." I said and looked beyond Cody's shoulder to see Dylan. Standing there, looking at me with concerned eyes. He saw that I was looking at him and pressed his lips in a thin line and nodded. But I ignored him. The rest of the day continued with Dylan just staring at me. I just don't really like it when people look at me. I feel... Uncomfortable. It kinda makes me squirm in my seat. I gave up, sighed and turned to look at him. He looked very surprised. He gave me a small kind of pleading smile but I ignored it and mouthed the word, 'Stop.' He nodded and turned around. Of course when I turned around he looked at me again. Ugh does he know that I can feel his gaze? The rest of the day was like this. Dylan keeps trying to walk with me to our next class... Which ends up me moving away from him just to have him follow me.

I don't really understand why Dylan keeps doing this. I broke up with him get over it. I'm gonna avoid him all summer but what am I gonna do about college? Well, it's a pretty big campus... Maybe I won't be seeing him as often... Unless if we're majoring in the same thing... I'm majoring in business same with Cody and Tyler. I never asked him. Weird. Oh yeah this is pretty exciting, Tyler is auditioning for a role. Fun right? I hope he gets it that would be amazing if he did... Anyways, the school bell rang and I walked home without Dylan. I was walking with Tyler. We said quick 'goodbyes' then walked inside our houses. Sprayberry and Brayden were playing video games. I went in my room as usual and plopped down on my bed and let out a sigh. A few moments later, Sprayberry came in.

"Hey Stephanie... What happened?" He asked sincerely.

"Just I had an encounter with Dylan today." I told him.

"Ahh. So what'd he say or what'd you say... Or both?" He said laughing. I explained the whole thing. He hugged me and said that he'd leave me alone to do my homework or whatever I do in here. Sprayberry's the best... But I didn't even do my homework... All I could think about was graduation and Dylan... Both are really stressing me out. On the bright side, I have another date with Cody... I believe we are just going out to dinner then we're gonna take a walk in the park. I can't wait...
••
A/n
I'm gonna make this like 50 chapters... I'm gonna do their date... A few other scenes... Then their graduation. Hopefully I'll do a sequel. Let me know if you want a sequel like comment or something. Tyyyy
-Kelly