Chapter 13

Wednesday. My siblings moved out yesterday and honestly, it's pretty lonely here. My mom leaves for work in the morning so I'm by myself. But tonight, Dylan's coming over for dinner, my boyfriend. That sounds so weird calling the person I was scared of my boyfriend. Anyways, I'm walking to school. Sometimes I walk with Dylan but for some reason I felt like walking alone. Yeah I just said I was lonely but I just need some time by myself because Dylan and I are gonna be with each other all day today... I was walking when I heard, "Hey Steph! Wait up!" It was Dylan. I stopped and smiled and turned around.

"Hi Dyl." I said.

"Why didn't you wait?" He asked.

"I don't know I just felt like walking alone..." I mumbled and he heard.

"Oh okay..." We walked in silence until we got to school. I went to my locker and he went to his. He closed his locker and just stared at me. Dyl was in his normal leather jacket, this time with a grey v-neck, and jeans. He had no emotion to his face. He just stared at me. I pretended as if I didn't notice him and continued getting my books. I sighed closed my locker and walked into my homeroom, still not making eye contact with his tempting gaze. Dyl's in my homeroom too... Since my last name is Oakley... He sits behind me in homeroom. He walked into homeroom not even making eye contact with me this time. I sighed heavily. But after 5 minutes I felt it. Dyl's gaze. I have no idea why but whenever his gaze is on me I can feel it. So I turned around. He didn't make any face expression he just stared at me. "So I'm coming to your house after school?" He asked.

"Yeah... My mom should be home by like 4:30..." I responded.

"Okay." Dylan started, "Are you mad at me?"

"No why?" I asked.

"Because you wanted to walk alone this morning..." He said kind of sadly.

"That doesn't mean I'm mad at you it's just we have all of our classes together and then you're coming over so I thought you'd get sick of me..." I said.

"Steph, you think I'd get sick of you? Ever? Steph you're the reason on why I keep going. If I get sick of you then I have no one to help keep me going." Dyl said and I smiled and blushed. He grasped my hand and I held back. The bell rang for first block and Dyl and I walked hand in hand to math. Everyone just looked at us. I dropped his hand and sat in my assigned seat. He was kind of disappointed but shrugged it off. The person sitting in the front had to pass back papers so I turned around to give him the worksheet and he pecked my lips.

"Mr. O'Brien please kiss your girlfriend on your own time." Our teacher said.

"My own time is right now." He replied. As I turned around. "Hey Steph?"

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Look at me."

"Why?" I said turning around. He cupped my cheeks and kissed me passionately.

"Ms. Oakley, Mr. O'Brien, if you don't stop I will send you to the office!" Dyl pulled off and said,

"Got nothing to lose." He responded and tried pulling me back towards him but I rejected him and turned around.

"Mr. O'Brien, go to the office right now!" The teacher yelled and Dyl got up took one last glance at me, shook his head, and left. Everyone looked directly at me and I faced the front of the room and sighed. Our teacher looked at me and went on with explaining the worksheet. He came up to me and whispered, "Maybe you should go to the office too." The teacher said and I nodded then left. I walked to the office and sat in the seat next to him. He looked at me then looked back to his lap.

"Why are you here?" Dylan asked me.

"Teacher told me to go." I responded. "I'm sorry Dyl... I just... I don't want to disappoint my mom. She works hard to make a living for the 2 of us... Getting myself in trouble will just put more to her list and I can't stress her out sorry..."

"It's okay I just used you as an excuse to piss of our teacher..." He said laughing I let out a light laugh. "Go back to class. I'll text you if anything happens." Dyl said, kissed my cheek as I left. I walked back to the classroom thank god no one looked at me. The day went by and Dylan didn't text me and wasn't in any of the classes. Soon enough the end of the day came by and Dylan still was no where to be found. I walked home in silence. I passed by Dylan's house and no one was home. Dyl's car was still in the driveway... He walks to school now because of me. I told him I'd rather walk than drive since the school is only a few blocks away. I got to my house and Dyl was there, sitting on my porch, waiting for me.

"I thought you were gonna text me." I said bluntly.

"Yeah I was in the middle of texting you when the principal took my phone and I can't get it until my mom picks it up which is tomorrow morning." He replied.

"Oh okay." I said as I unlocked the door and we both walked in. I put my bag down on a chair and got a cup to get a drink. Dylan just walked in and sat on the counter. I finished drinking and put the glass in the sink. I walked over and stood in front of him.

"Hey what's on your hand?" He asked.

"Huh?" I said holding up my hand and he grabbed it and pulled me towards him so I was standing in between his legs.

"Did I do something to you Steph?"

"Everyone kept looking at me throughout the school day and it made me feel uncomfortable..." I said as he sighed looking at nothing. I looked out the kitchen window and he touched my chin directing it towards his face. He got up, cupped my cheeks and kissed me. He grabbed the back of my thighs and pulled me up so my legs were wrapped around him. He walked upstairs and laid me down on my bed and he kissed me. Our hands were intertwined and the moment seemed perfect until my mom opened the door.

"STEPHANIE IM HOME!" My mom yelled. Dyl and I pulled apart and we opened our math books. Let's just say my mom isn't a fan of boys in my room... We heard footsteps and pretended to study. "Oh hi Dylan. How are you?"

"I'm great Mrs. Oakley, you?" He answered.

"I'm great too thanks. Dinner should be ready in about an hour. I'll call you when it's done... Go back to studying." My mom said then left... So far this dinner isn't going too well and I have a feeling it's gonna go worse.
••
A/n
Hiiii! 100 reads!!! But thanks for reading!!
-Kelly