Handcuffed to Zander

Chapter 6: Plain White Ceilings

Song chapter: Fall For You by Secondhand Serenade

Aria Evans

The only coherent things that could be heard were the chirps of crickets, and Zander's light breathing.

I wasn't sure if he fell asleep or not. I didn't want to turn my head to check, there has been enough awkward situations today.

I couldn't sleep, not with my hand slightly touching Zander's. It was slightly uncomfortable, my wrist were starting to bruise with all the pulling going around. Blame it all on my over sensitive skin.

He shifted slightly, which caused his hand to glide against mine. I gasped lightly and closed my eyes, praying to God he did not just hear me.

"Hey, you awake?"

And my prayers weren't answered.

I sighed and turned my head towards his direction. I mumbled a 'yeah', followed by a small yawn.

My mind was tired, but I guess my body wasn't, since it wouldn't shut my freaken eyes.

I focused my attention back to him and I found myself slightly gawking.

The moon's light was shining directly above his face, making him almost glow like a god.

His eyes appeared to be a lighter shade than his usual dark brown. And his hair- oh my god his hair, was slowly lying in different directions each time he moved around.

He overall looked cute.

I cleared my throat, and decided to turn my attention to the ceiling. I just hope he didn't notice me almost ogling at his well defined face.

Oh, just stop it already!

Instead of embarrassing myself with my thoughts I decided to ask,

"couldn't sleep?"

I heard a slight groan as he shifted himself again, trying to find comfort.

"Yeah, I just can't find a comfortable spot with my hand being handcuffed and all."

"Yeah, I get you."

Silence consumed us as I noticed Zander was too facing the Ceiling.

It wasn't because there was something interesting about it, it was just a plain white ceiling, it was because it was the only comfortable position that didn't involve touching.

"Do you mind if I ask you a question?"

My head quickly turned toward his, his attention still on the boring ceiling.