Handcuffed to Zander

Chapter 27: My Friend Diana

Song Chapter: Feel No Ways by Drake

Aria Evans

Opening my eyes, I slowly sat up, looking around.

The annoying sun blared into my eyes as I used my hand to cover it away.

As I said before, I am not and never will be a morning person.

I was still in Zander's tree house, the bean bag substituting as my bed and Zander's hoodie that he had lying around here, substituting as a blanket.

Shock from the coldness, I quickly put it on withought a second thought, his scent surrounding me.

I looked beside me to see a opened mouth Zander, soft snores coming out of him. Scrunching my nose, I held back a smile, finding this view humorously cute.

My eyes then flickered towards the clock beside him and I found myself scrambling up, heart beating fast.

I was so late to school.

Slipping on my shoes, I climbed out the tree house, exiting from the back gate.

Making my way down the drive way I paused to turn around, looking back at the yellow, brick house.

The house that Zander's mom used to live in.

She sounded so amazing from Zander's stories. She was an elementary school teacher, by choice, they didn't need the extra money.

When she wasn't spending time teaching kindergarteners, Zander would always find her painting, a paint brush always tied up in her hair.

Guessing that's where he got his amazing talent of painting, I smiled.

Remembering school, I quickly turned around and made a run for it, surprising myself with how fast I was going.

I was so not going to school with my hair looking like a birds nest and my mouth smelling like rotten eggs.

No way.

Couple minutes later I made it home, not surprised to find it silent. Scrambling up the stairs, accomplishing to only trip a few times, I burst into my bedroom.

Stripping out of my clothes, I made a trail to the bathroom, promising myself to take a five minute shower.

Five minutes turned into thirty.