Handcuffed to Zander

Chapter 34: Cave in to Temptations

Song Chapter: Lately by Russ

Aria Evans

"You got to talk to us Aria. What happened?"

I blinked slowly, my eyes focusing on the trash can ahead.

That was my life right now, a freaken trash can.

It's been two weeks since I've walked away from Zander and Dylan.

After a long walk consumed in angry thoughts, I entered the house furious, only to be stumped by the arrival of my parents.

Yes, after three weeks they finally decided to come home, promising it being the last trip for a while. I doubted it though, they always found a reason to leave me.

I also arrived to a furious grandma, throwing a battered Zeke towards my head. She had said that he wouldn't shut up so she had to beat him to shut up. My own grandma abused my baby boy.

That's why for these past two weeks I've been occupying my time to take care of him. Not having any other person to help me with the job, Zeke's scumbag father was occupied as well.

Well if the school's dumbest cheerleader counted as an occupation.

Yes, Zander Bue has once again filled in the position of the school's player.

His change of flings was greater than my change of underwear and that was even an understatement.

It honestly brought great aggravation to my body everytime I would witness her pointy nails clawing at his smirking self. Then again, I was probably feeling anger at the thought that he wasn't feeling as miserable as I was.

To him I was probably a poor excuse of a memory that didn't phase him at all. While he was consumed in my thought about his whereabouts.

He hasn't been to school in the last three days and I was honestly worried.

Yes I Aria Evans, had a great caring for Zander Bue and I was feeling honestly pathetic about it.

So pathetic that I was ignoring both the twins at the moment just thinking about him.

"Aria!"

Jumping at the shout, I blinked before focusing my attention to both twins that seemed to have worry etched on both their faces.

I shot them a fake smile before slowly standing out of my seat, slinging my bag over my shoulder before grabbing Zeke in my arms.

"I'm fine guys, nothing happened. I have to go."

Derek seemed to want to protest before he shut his mouth, a frown forming on his face.

That's when the guilt started eating me alive. The guilt of pushing away my bestfriends.

Ever since Noah started seeing Santana and Dylan started acting weird, Derek and I were left to accompany each other. We were getting so close to the point of turning to each other for advice with anything.

But now I was ruining that too. I was ruining everything.

Turning away, I stepped out of the cafeteria and started heading towards my locker, Zeke wrapped tightly around my arms.

It had been lunch time and I wasn't honestly feeling hungry. I wasn't feeling like answering questions either. So I slowly walked the long way towards my locker, my mind once again racing with thoughts.

Why hasn't he been here, it's been three freaken days! I should maybe ask that dumb cheerleader since all she's been doing is clawing herself onto him but then again, I wouldn't want to loose brain cells.

Why should I even be worried?! I was the one that told him to stop talking to me, not the other way around.

I couldn't cave in to temptations, I wouldn't. I shouldn't even care.

Arriving to my locker, I lazily fumbled in my combination, opening it up with a breeze. Placing Zeke carefully inside, I started sorting through my notebooks, switching them from my backpack to my locker.

I was doing this task slowly, waisting time my main priority.

Was the bell ever going to ring?

"Aria."

Turning quickly at the voice, my frown deepened. Dylan stared back at me, a look of sullen on his face.

Hearing his voice made my heart accelerate, memories flashing through my mind.

Oh god, I missed him.

His need to avoid me was at a great depth that I didn't need to have an effort to avoid him back. He avoided me like the plaque and it honestly broke my heart.

Was he even still with her? Of course he was, he chose her over me, he didn't need me when he had her.

Great thoughts Aria, keep it up.

My mind drifted back as his mouth moved, time slowing down.

What?

"What?"

"It's Zander."

And as I heard his name, my heart dropped.

"His Nanny died. He's not okay."

Was it possible for my heart to drop deeper?