Handcuffed to Zander

Chapter 47: In to Your Arms

Song Chapter: Feels Like We Only Go Backwards by Tame Impala

Aria Evans

"Princess, I think we should just get you home."

Shoving at his arm, I turned around fiercely with a glare etched on my face.

There was no way I was going to let him lie to me, especially to my face. He's done it before and I've always been the last one to figure it out. Not this time though.

"You better start talking Zander, if you know what's good for you."

"Aria."

Looking towards his face I could see the confliction. He didn't know what to say and I know he didn't want to tell me the truth. That's the thing that hurt me.

He didn't trust me enough to confide in me.

"You know what Zander."

I couldn't help but sigh.

"When you trust me enough to not string me along like some love sick puppy that you think I am. Call me and maybe then I'll be ready to listen."

Taking steps away from him never seemed to be as hard as it was at that moment. It needed to be done though. He wasn't telling me the truth and I wasn't going to play the clueless victim any longer.

I made my way towards Noah, helping him slowly off the ground. Apart from the slash across his cheek, he didn't seem hurt. It made me somewhat relieved. I couldn't deal with anymore hurt people today.

I was already hurt enough.

"Make sure you clean that up, we wouldn't want it to get infected."

He nodded slowly, his eyes still avoiding mine. It made me more conflicted. What the hell were they hiding from me? Sighing, I made my way towards the exit of the parking lot, finding myself preparing for a long walk home.

"Aria!"

I really didn't need this right now.

"Aria, for fucks sake just listen to me!"

Hearing the strain in his voice made me halt. Turning around slowly, his eyes caught mine. They weren't a light honey anymore, they were dark and puffy. A light layer of gloss held his eyes, tears ready to fall.

It was a sight that made me frown and my heart break.

This took me back to the tree house incident, where Zander first really opened up to me. Only this time, I was the reason why he held such sadness in his eyes.