Handcuffed to Zander

Chapter 40: I Don't Need Anymore Face Injuries

Song chapter: My Favorite Part by Mac Miller

Aria Evans

Walking into home room, I looked around the almost empty classroom. The teacher was no where to be in sight, which was honestly a dumb move in my opinion. Which teacher in their right mind would leave their room unattended to a bunch of teenagers who still acted like they were in the fourth grade?

Heaving a sigh, I sat next to a bored Dylan, his head nodding in greeting.

"So happy you're here babe, I need to talk to you."

I was no where near in a talking mood. Which proved the statement; there's a first for everything. Not wanting to be questioned of my sour mood, I nodded, pulling off a smile.

"What's up?"

"I know we haven't really talked about this lately, and I know I still have to make up for what I lied to you about but-"

Finding his nervous blabber hilarious, I reached out to stop him, a grin taking place on his face.

"Get to the point Dylan."

He sighed dramatically as he tugged on his hair, a nervous tic that I've grown to know.

"Would you please attend Mia's barbecue?"

At the mention of the librarians assistant, my eyes widened. I haven't seen Mia since the morning I freaked out on both of them, I was honestly so embarrassed at my outburst.

Opening my mouth, I froze. Dylan seemed to wear a worried look as he spoke.

"She's having one this weekend and asked me to invite you guys. She wants all of us to start over, she wants to get to know you Aria."

Thoughts jumbled in my mind as my eyebrows furrowed.

"Well aren't you guys suppose to be a secret? Mia could get fired if someone found out."

"She's didn't invite anyone from school except us and her family doesn't need to know where we met. She is just two years older than me Aria, I'm not her sugar baby."

I sure hope he wasn't. Sighing I nodded with a smile, whatever made my best friend happy made me happy.

"Sure Dyl, I'll come."

Even if it meant keeping a huge secret.

"Awesome, now you have more people to show your handcuffed hand to."