Handcuffed to Zander

Sorry that it's late, I suck I know :|

Chapter 37: Pat on The Back

Song Chapter: No Air by Jordan Sparks

Aria Evans

"I hooked up with Dylan's mom last night."

Students swarmed passed me in heaps as my eyes traveled the whole student body. One after the other, I was getting frustrated.

I unconsciously nodded my head along.

"Yeah. Sounds great."

Spotting a head of dark hair, my heart sped up before it came crashing back down to see that I was sadly wrong.

"Really Aria?"

Continuing my search, my eyes eagerly moved towards the front entrance, my hopes increasing with each person that walked through.

Finding a shoulder blocking my view, I groaned in annoyance.

I was such a mess.

Derek shot me a glare before a look of concern replaced it. Giving him a small smile, I let out a nervous chuckle.

"Sorry, what?"

"What's wrong? You're completely ignoring me."

I was developing a deep crush on a guy who left me crazy big butterflies, that's what's wrong.

"Nothings wrong."

Everything was wrong.

"Oh really? Is that why your eyes are glued to the front entrance?"

My eyes dared to take a glance over his shoulder at the mention of the front entrance, my shoulders slumping in defeat as I realized Derek was tall.

Too tall that I couldn't even see a glimpse past his shoulder.

Shooting Derek an impassive look, I shrugged.

"There's no reason for that, just like to people watch."

Oh who was I kidding? I hated people at the moment.

He gave me a look before the bell rang for homeroom, my mood decreasing.

I didn't get to see him.

Derek seemed to see my frown as his arm came around my shoulder, his body pushing mine to walk forward.

I wanted to protest but decided against it seeing as I would probably see him later.

I would just have to wait until later.