Handcuffed to Zander

Chapter 23: "They're called feelings my dear, and you have a lot."

Song Chapter: Somebody Else by The 1975

Aria Evans

I slammed the door shut, dropping my backpack.

"How could I be so stupid?"

Slamming my back towards the door, I stood there, embarrassment rising within me.

I was tangling myself in a web of two bad boys that I had no energy to deal with.

I almost kissed both of them on the same night and I just had a huge fight with one of them who couldn't give a crap about me.

Not to mention I was raising a fake baby with the said guy.

My eyes widened as realization settled in me.

"The baby."

I was so screwed.

"Darling? Baby is that you?"

I released my hold on the door knob as my eyes settled on my eighty-three year old grandma.

"Hi grandma."

A forced smile glued on my face as I led my way towards her, helping her walk back towards the kitchen.

"I see you didn't bring any friends today."

Thoughts of Zander sleeping over took over my mind as I bitterly smiled, slowly shaking my head.

"No, not today gram."

Maybe not ever again.

"What a shame. I could of showed them a good time."

Sucking in a breath, I helped her sit in a seat, around the kitchen counter.

"Tea?"

She had smiled sweetly.

"Yes dear, please."

Despite her horny thoughts before, she was still a sweet old lady.

Turning around I got started on my task, letting thoughts consume me as I worked.

"What's got you up at night baby?"

I had turned the stove on, letting the tea pot do the rest.

"Why you ask grandma?"

She gestured for me to sit down as we waited for the water to boil.

"You keep staring off into nothing, thinking hard. What's the problem Aria?"

I sighed as I waved her off with a hand.

"Just stressed out about school is all."

She had chuckled lightly.

"I have been alive for eighty three years to know that's utter bull crap. Now tell your grandma what's wrong."

She had grabbed my hand, encouraging me with a warm smile.

Holding her hand back, I spoke.

"I'm in deep gram."

As I told her everything, she listened to me closely, not skipping a single beat. And as I still held her hand I finished, waiting for her response.

"Oh wow."

I nodded, slightly flinching, waiting for her to continue.

"Doesn't that ever bug you?"

She had nodded towards my handcuffed hand, an amazed expression set on her face.

Laughing at the only concern she had, I shook my head.

"I try not to think about it."

She nodded lightly and began to observe me, an odd amused smile plastered on her sweet wrinkly face.

"You like them. Don't you?"

Widening my eyes, I bit back a choke.

"What do you mean?"

She simply laughed off my reaction and shrugged lightly, giving me a light smirk.

"You like both of those guys you talk about. They're called feelings my dear, and you have a lot. Especially for those two boys."

The sound of the whining tea pot made me jump as I quickly stood up to attend to it, my grandma's realization glued to my mind.

Was it possible to have feelings for two guys at the same time?

If it involved me, anything was possible.

But feelings? Especially for a guy like Zander?

I found that impossible.

Chuck was no different. He was Zander's bestfriend for crying out loud! They were both too caught up with their hands being in some girl's pants to care about me.

But I guess that didn't matter when I was with them. I would of kissed both of them on the same night if it wasn't for that pizza boy.

I really should find him to thank him.

If I would have kissed Chuck that night telling Zander off today would have been hypocritical. Big time.

But what if I did have feelings for both? Would that be such a crime?

As I prepared the tea, I nodded in confirmation, looking at my grandma briefly.

"I guess I do have feelings gram."

And as I grabbed both cups of tea to settle them on the kitchen counter I made a decision.

"But only for one of them."

My grandma raised her eyebrows as she stirred her tea, observing me softly.

"Who's the lucky boy?"

Thinking it over, I nodded again.

"Chuck."