Maybe it'll be fine (Mostly Niko x Kenny)

Today was just a bad day for Kenny. He was nervous and scared for the Beta Squad's upcoming video:

Total Wipeout.

Kenny and Chunkz did not have the best experience in the past with water. Both of them encountered dangerous situations and Kenny even had a life jacket on while it happened. So, in the trailer everyone thought that it was pretty clear that Kenny and Chunkz were not going to have the best time or even hell- try their best.

But they can't just let the hate get to them.

Can they?

They were driving down to the Wipeout obstacle course- with Chunkz in the front, along with their driver, Sharky and Aj in the middle, and Niko and Kenny in the back. However- Kenny had a sudden burst of anxiety. Fidgeting with his hands, legs shaking, looking down and making no eye contact, and other obvious signs that he was not up to the challenge. But the other members were laughing about, telling jokes- even Chunkz seemed fine.

Maybe Kenny was just worrying too much.

And maybe he was letting his nerves take over him.

Maybe it'll be fine.

Kenny didn't realize he was holding his breath in until he felt like he couldn't breathe- slowly exhaling and having to control his breathing now.

"Kenny?" Niko whispered.

...

"Kenny??" Niko whispered again.

...

"Kenny!" Niko quietly shouted.

His ears tuned in and he heard bursts of laughter echoing from the front of the car.

"Huh..?" Kenny finally realized Niko was talking to him. "Sorry mate- just spacing out. What happened?"

"Nothing- you've just been quiet. You alright Ken?"

"Yeah. Don't worry about me Niko," Kenny gave a quick fake smile.

"Hah." Niko started-

"Lies." He continued. He put his hand on Kenny's shaking legs.

Surprised by the sudden touch- Kenny faced Niko.

"I know you're scared." Niko spoke up.

"And, it'll be fine. I promise you. Don't be worried." Kenny wanted to look away.

He had a bad past experience being in water. That kayak experience. Kenny felt a slight punch in his gut remembering this horrible moment and his eyes began to hurriedly blink.

And that look Kenny gave Niko before looking away was enough to tell him what he wanted to say.

Niko pulled him into a hug, a tight one, that they both didn't want to let go. Kenny buried his head in Niko's arms and body. Chunkz noticed what was happening in the back.

"Hah- you guys don't need to get romantic in the back!" Chunkz sneakily remarked. They both didn't say anything. His smile quickly faded. "Yo- Niko? Kenny? You guys okay?" This made the rest of the squad turn over and look at the both of them.

This question made Kenny pull into a tighter hug.

Niko finally responded and said, "Yeah. Kenny's just a little scared-"

"It's just the nerves man- There's nothing to worry about."Aj butted in, cheerful smile on his face.

"Yea don't worry Ken! I can't swim either, but I know I'll be fine with you guys there." Sharky also added.

Niko slightly pulled away to see if Kenny was capable of responding on his own. He looked at his, still, frightened face.

"Kenny. You don't have to do the video if you don't want to." Niko looked at him in the eyes and cupped his face.

..

'Embarrassing' Kenny thought.

"Haha! Looks like Niko and Kenny are gonna lips!" Chunkz blabbered out.

Laughter struck and Kenny couldn't help but chuckle along.

So Niko let go of his face and smiled- watching Kenny forget his fear while laughing with his best mates, his family.

The boys continued having fun along the way as Kenny leaned his head against Niko's shoulders and grabbed one of his hands. Niko held on tight.

'Don't worry Kenny. We'll always be there for you.' The boys were thinking the same thing.

Maybe it'll be fine after all.