Coincidence? I Think Not.. (Niko x Kenny)

In sync?

"...y'know it's- that's like some abnormal scary shit. It's like a superpower!"

"Yeah it's crazy.." Niko had to bring up this conversation- particularly because recently something very strange has started occurring.

It all started a few days ago.

Or was it weeks?

Maybe it was a month.

Niko woke up in the morning with a musical tune stuck in his brain. He did watch a couple trending videos that had the same song, yet the song was so bad and catchy at the same time. Niko tried to ignore the song repeating in his brain.

As he tried to get along with his day, he continuously had music disturbing his minds. It was all the songs that were popular on TikTok and YouTube.

And the songs his friends made.

However it was really weird because Niko rarely went to scroll on any reels or shorts. So, Niko was kind of oblivious to the trends. He was only aware because of his social media obsessed friends, Aj and Sharky.

Everyday for the remaining week, Niko felt music playing in his ears- like he was playing the music himself. Or someone was singing the song in his ears.

Niko walked in to the Beta Squad studio, late unlike usual. He was tired of all the stupid noises.

All day, every morning and in the afternoon. He was grateful that the music ended by the night.

Honestly, Niko was concerned because of this random occurrence.

Was he actually going crazy?

Niko sighed.

..

Kenny woke up early as usual for a 6:30 AM boxing session. Kenny recently started incorporating music and peace in his mornings. It made him appreciate everything much more.

Music did make him happy.

Life was enjoyable, life was sweet, life was good.

Kenny turned on the music to begin his mornings. He turned on his Spotify and played his 'grwm😝 (morning routine)' private playlist.

act ii: date @ 8 by 4batz was playing.

Kenny was pretty clueless on good songs, but he did know that any trending song was nice.

Turns out, everyone has pretty good taste.

'It Was A Good Day' by Ice Cube started to play.

Kenny started to dance along with all his songs.

After a while he looked at the clock, "oh shi- it's fucking 6:40?? Coach is gonna beat my ass..." he whimpered.

Kenny smacked his phone, "why the fuck didn't you play my alarm?? Stupid ass phone." He muttered. He ran out the door, successfully completing his morning routine.

..

Now they were both in the Beta Squad studio. Kenny had brought his AirPods, vibing to his favorite music.

'Hell N Back' by Bakar

Coincidentally, Niko had the same song racing in his mind.

No.

It wasn't a coincidence.

..

Niko started humming along because out of all the songs 'he' played, it wasn't bad.

Of course, Niko didn't know that Kenny and him were soulmates. He was hearing Kenny's music in his ear. He wasn't going crazy.

Niko looked up to see Kenny busy staring at his phone's screen.

"Kenny! My brotha."

"Hm? Hey Niko, what's up?"

"What song are you listening to?"

"Oh uh. I don't know the song, lemme see..." Kenny squinted and put on his glasses, "oh- it's called 'Hell N Back.' I like it, it's really catchy."

"Really? Maybe I'll listen to it later."

"If you want- you can listen right now. I don't mind." Kenny extended his arm, his one hand had one AirPod.

Niko smiled before taking the AirPod. Niko's smile faded as he realized that it was the song he was thinking of before.

"Sooo? What do you think?"

"I- I.." Niko stuttered, shook his head, and gave back his AirPod, "it-it's good!"

"You sure? You're looking pretty disturbed right now." Kenny chuckled, "just say if I have bad taste." He playfully rolled his eyes.

Niko shook off the strange feeling.

Coincidence. It had to be.

Niko smacked Kenny, "yeah horrible taste," then he winked.

This coincidence continued to happen. Until Niko finally decided to confront him.

"Yo Ken, can we go out for a second?"

"Sure! Let me grab my AirPods.."

Niko impatiently shook his legs.

"Okay! Sorry let's go Niko," Kenny wrapped his arm around Niko's.

"..around this corner- or maybe just in my car? Yeah let's go to my car."

Niko opened Kenny's passenger side of his car.

"Kenny. I know you've been listening to music in the mornings a lot more."

"Yeah? Heh that sounds pretty creepy man."

"Yeah creepy, innit?"

"So..?"

"I don't know how to say this but, I think we have some type of link. I think I can hear the music you play in my brain."

".." Kenny tilted his head, "Are you alright in the mental brain? You pranking me?"

"No, I'm not crazy! I swear it's real. If you want- play some music and write it down. I'll do the same and we'll see that it's the same exact thing!"

...

"..no no I believe you. You wouldn't lie about something like this...This is mad scary, y'know."

Niko groaned, "yeah I thought it was just a silly little coincidence in the beginning.."

Silence filled the car.

"..and no offense." Niko continued, "But I'm so tired of you playing music everyday until the evening. Might I even say, your music taste is pretty..questionable."

"Oh fuck off!" Kenny dramatically crossed his arms but then unraveled them to flick Niko's nose.

They both sighed and looked up to the car roof.

In sync?