Chapter 13: This is It

CHAPTER 13

DENISE’S POV

Probably that was the worst yet best night in my life. Worst? Who’d have ever thought you’ll be stuck of nowhere in the dark roads of Manila? Kung Manila pa nga ba yun. Best? Because despite being scared you’re with the person who never left you behind and still loves you no matter what. Let’s just add the fact, na na-rescue rin kami ni Louis kinaumagahan. Mom and Dad were very worried that day, but I explained to them everything. Even Tita called my mom to say na si Jeric naman kasama ko so there wouldn’t be any worries.

I thought, that would be the end of everything. I’m indeed very lucky to have this guy around me. He never thought of leaving me alone eventhough I guess he doesn’t deserve any of my negative treatments. Game 3 of PCCL was fast approaching, it would already be on Wednesday. It’s Monday today, so 2 more days to go. I was really very nervous for the Tigers, and I know the entire Thomasian community feels the same. I went to my class at 12nn, Psychology at its best. It was boring as hell, but what can we do.

Beep.

I was so glad that my classmates were noisy at hindi narinig yung phone ko. Sino naman magtetext in the middle of the afternoon, probably, just a group message.

Message from: Jeric Fortuna

My smile lit up, noticing the message from him. Kahit yung seatmate ko eh, napatingin sa kabaliwan ko habang nakatingin patago sa phone ko. I was just crazy about this guy.

From: Jeric Fortuna

Game 3 in two days. :)

To: Jeric Fortuna

I know, goodluck though. No matter what happens, Thomasians will always be proud of the team. :)

From: Jeric Fortuna

Thanks! I hope SHE will also be proud.

Natawa ako while reading this. I’m just so lucky it’s reporting day today and the professor stays at the back. I just can’t hide my blushing and smiling face.

To: Jeric Fortuna

Of course she will, more than everyone else in the world. ;)

From: Jeric Fortuna

You think so? I’m hoping to give her tickets for Wednesday, pwede kaya siya? :)

To: Jeric Fortuna

No worries abt the tickets, she’ll be there because of her school duties. ;-)

From: Jeric Fortuna

School duties lang? :(

To: Jeric Fortuna

And siyempre for you. <3 She doesn’t want to miss this last league for you.

From: Jeric Fortuna

And I don’t wanna miss her too. I’d almost lost her, I don’t want her to leave me again. :-)

To: Jeric Fortuna

I bet she had missed you too more than you did. ;-)

Tinago ko na yung phone ko dahil papalapit na yung profs sa harap. I checked my watch. It’s almost 1pm, so Psychology will be done in two minutes. Kaya pala tumayo na siya. Hindi ko na muna kinalikot ko yung phone ko. I was way too excited to watch the game on Wednesday. Since, I was still on duty with CSC regarding the Comm Arts people, I’m sure I’ll be there and excused from class. The moment the professor went out the door, I picked my phone from the bag.