Chapter 39: Small talks

Thomas’s POV

Alex hadn’t been texting me lately. I understand her since she needs to break away from all the problems and stress she have. Ayoko namang kulitin siya kasi baka mastress pa siya lalo.

“Always busy, bro.” panimula ni Arnold sakin after ng training. I was fixing my things in the locker room with the team.

“Just academics, bro.” I smiled.

“Academics? Or love life?” he chuckled.

“What do you mean?” I confusingly asked.

“Someone’s waiting for you outside.” he smirked.

I hurriedly went outside the locker room. I felt excited because for the first time, susunduin ako ni Alex and makakapagusap na ulit kami. I looked for her and my eyes saw…

… Kath.

What the hell? Isn’t she contented on what she said about me? About our relationship? Or about Alex?

Man, I’m tired of this.

“Hey.” I politely greeted her. “What are you doing here?” I went straight to the point.

“I wanted to see and talk to you.”

“About what? If this is about us ag---“

“No, it’s about Alex.” she interrupted.

Bigla akong napahinto sa sinabi niya. Hindi ko alam kung bakit kelangan pa ba niya isali sa amin si Alex.

“You know, Alex had enough. Pagod na siya, and ayaw ko ng mastress pa siya.”

“Thomas, you have to listen to me. Please just talk to me outside.”

I walked ahead of her towards the exit of the gym. There were loud cheers or yells or whatever it is called. I don’t remember my teammates going out before me.

I walked closely and then I saw an Eagle in the Archer’s den.

Eagle alert.

“What is he doing here?” I asked.

“I invited him. I have an important thing to tell you guys.”

“Dun nalang tayo sa may Archers place para medyo private.” I talked to Kath. “Ikaw na bahala magsabi sa kanya.” Pertaining to Kiefer.

“Kiefer, tara.” I heard her calling him.

Nauna ako maglakad and I don’t bother looking at them. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang masakit eh, yung makita pa si Kath ulit, or makita si Kiefer na ipaglaban si Alex.

I chose a coffee place para medyo tahimik at konti lang yung tao since it’s grave hour naman.

“So what do you want to tell me?” I asked after I ordered our coffee and we sat down on a more private place of the shop.

“Uhh,” she started while she looks on me and then on Kiefer and back her gaze on me.

“Look, I’m sorry.” She exhaled loudly.

“For what?” Kiefer asks.

“I lied on you and Alex.” she holds my hand.

“What?” I asked slowly.

“Look, I don’t know what you’re talking about Trish. And heck, why am I even involved here?” Kiefer exclaims.

“Kung gusto mo ng umalis, umalis ka.” I pointed my pointing finger at him.