Chapter 24: Tonight

Chapter 24: Tonight

DENISE'S POV

I feel re-energized after waking up from my afternoon nap. It has been a long day, and I feel like having a sleep and escaping from reality, eventhough it's been somewhat good. I took off my blanket and slipped on my comfy slippers and headed to the bathroom. I looked at the mirror seeing a girl who looks like a mess. I noticed there was a pink post it taped on the middle right of my mirror.

Going somewhere.

- Captain

I rubbed my eyes again if I'm already awake. Seeing Captain's handwriting makes me believe that this was all a dream. And.. How did he even posted it here? Oh well. Maybe mom let her in, or even mom posted it. But what is sure, that's his handwriting. Wala na ba syang load para ipaalam sakin na aalis siya? The note is kinda sweet though, thinking it's my favorite color.

I washed my face, brushed my teeth and combed my hair. I guess I look like a decent human after all. I headed down to see if there is food. It's already 4:30 pm, and my stomach is grumbling for food.

"Ma?" I called while walking down the stairs. But no one answered. She may be out for grocery or.. Maybe she's in her room.

I continued down and I finally heard my mom. She's giggling like there's no tomorrow. Who is she with? Dad's out of work. Maybe she's talking with my little sister. I found her on the dining with someone.. Not my little sister. Not my brother... Definitely that man isn't my dad.

It's Captain.

"Jeric?" I said.

They both looked at my direction and my mom is still giggling.

"Para kang nakakita ng multo." Jeric laughed.

"And who put that note on my mirror?" I asked.

My mom and Captain looked at each other and smiled ear to ear.

"He insisted!" Mom squealed.

I flushed, "Whaaaat, pumasok ka sa kwarto and I'm sleeping and I look like that." I do sound frustrated.

"Well, you look and sound good." Captain smirked.

I covered my face with my hands from embarassment. And suddenly changed the topic, "Bat ka nga pala andito? Thought you were going somewhere?" I asked.

"You haven't flipped the note." He smiled.

"Huh?"

"You haven't flipped the note.. The first note says, going somewhere.. The next says, with you."

I don't know why my first instinct is to run up to my room and check the bathroom mirror. I saw the pink note again and flipped it, and there is it..

..with you. <3

I ran down again and saw Captain waiting for me.

"See, not looking." He teased.

"Malay ko ba, may space pa naman kasi dun sa papel sa next note pa nilagay." I smiled.

"Fine, fine you win.." Captain said.

"So, where are we up to tonight? Wait.. Mom."

"I know, just be back by 11." Mom said.

"I don't know how you seem to always make my mom say yes." I whispered to Captain.

"The same how I made you say yes."

I just put on some shorts and some loose shirt and wore sneakers. We'll be just out for dinner and hang out tonight. Romanti-cism is too mainstream. We left around 5:30.