Chapter 36: Necklace

Alex's POV

*ding dooong*

I was rehearsing what I will say when the gate opened.

“Hi Tita!” I greeted Denise’s mom.

“Alex!” she rushed towards me and hugged me. Well, she is like my second mom because she treats me like her kid also. She would cook for me whenever I visit Denise, or let me sleep at their house because she knows my parents are not around.

“Miss na kita.” She smiled at me.

“Miss na din po kaya kita. At yung ever famous mong spaghetti.” I smiled back.

“Tara, pasok ka na. I know Denise will be glad to see you.” She headed me towards their door.

“Denise, may bisita ka.” She giggled. I heard footsteps coming and I saw Denise rushing towards the door.

“Hi Denise.” I politely greeted her

“Uh, hi.” She awkwardly smiled. Tita left us and went straight to her room.

I was walking towards Denise when I heard a familiar voice,

“Akin nalang tong Cheetos ah!” and then he came towards us, or towards Denise to be exact. I knew this would be happening. Ofcourse Alex, kaya wala si Kiefer sa kanila kasi na kela Denise siya.

How stupid, Alex.

"Uh, what brought you here? It's kinda late, I guess?” Denise spoke.

I half smiled, "Just wanted to visit you.. But I guess someone already visited you." Then looked at Kiefer.

Thoughts have been constantly running through my mind. Bakit kaibigan ko pa, Kiefer.

"He just arrived.” Denise said. I know she’s trying to defend Kiefer, I knew it based on her voice.

"Can I get you something? Coffee or juice?" Denise added.

"Ako, juice." Kiefer smiled down at Denise while holding her shoulders.

What a perfect scene.

Denise looked at me and waiting for my response

"No, I'm fine.. I probably won't--" I haven’t finished my statement when Captain’s ringtone rang and Denise looked at me and then back at Kiefer and then back at me and Kiefer nodded at him.

Wait, may own language na rin sila?

"Think I should get this. I'll be back.” She rushed immediately and went straight at the kitchen.

“Yeah, right.” I whispered and walked at their living room and sat at their couch. Kiefer walked behind me and he sat at the other end.

There was a lot of silence. Walang gustong magsalita, all you can hear was the sound of him nibbling the cheetos.

I just stared at their TV, while he continuously eat and look at his phone.

I cannot take this anymore.

I looked for their remote and switched the TV on. Sakto naman MYX ang channel and it was Taylor Swift who was singing.

Oh, a simple complication, 

Miscommunications lead to fallout, 

So many things that I wish you knew 

So many walls up that I can't break through

Now I'm standing alone in a crowded room

And we're not speaking. And I'm dyin' to know