Chapter 37: Ship

Chapter 37:

DENISE'S POV

Today's a cold Thursday morning. I don't wanna leave my comfort bed yet for two major reasons. 1) It's too cold. 2) I don't want any problems any more. Like that would help. The curtains in my room were open allowing the sunshine to pass in, and I feel like the sun's saying, "Wake up. Tanghali na." I covered my face with my blanket and tried to sleep again, when there's a vibrating sound under my pillow. Oh great, yung cellphone na sinusumpa ko. No, I'm not getting it. No, no, no. Bahala ka man kung sino ka.

I'm almost asleep when it sounded an alarm. Wait, ang OA talaga. I thought it was on silent? Why does it alarm? Ang epal talaga ng teleponong 'to. The sound wouldn't stop since basically it was an alarm and I need to "snooze" it. But it's saturday, and I don't have any saturday classes. Bat may alarm ako?

I have no choice but to get my phone under my pillow and snooze that disturbing noise. Normally it would state.. Alarm: 6:00 am. Because I have 8 am classes. But I checked the clock it was already 12 noon. (Ang aga ko ba magising? :| ) So anyway, what's the emergency of this alarm?

Alarm: Happy Birthday Sam!! :)

Oh. That's why. Birthday ni Sam ngayon. I never really remembered putting it on my phone. I snoozed the alarm and just sighed. Dear destiny, kung nananadya ka talaga, oo na panalo ka na. Yesterday was history, okay? Really don't wanna talk about it. So. Should I go to Sam today? Hay. I remembered promising her to be on her birthday and bring her some one direction stuffs. She's really an avid fan of them. Well, does she even remember? Of course she does. Sam's a smart kid, seriously. Mas mautak pa ata yun sakin. Well, Sam's a different perspective when it comes to Captain. At kahit may gulo kami ni Captain, Sam's doesn't have to know since her kuya's not here naman. Fine, I'll go to her today.

I took a bath, brushed my teeth, prepped up and wore a pink salmon dress. I ran down the stairs finding my mom on the dining table. I just wanna go out and excuse myself from questions today.

"Aalis ka nanaman?" She said.

"Yup. Will go to a friend's birthday."

"Won't you talk about what happened last night?"

"Nothing happened."

"Nothing happened? How do you suppose to let me believe that nothing happened when Kiefer's here, Alex's here then may kausap ka sa telepono. Si Jeric ba yun?"

"I didn't know Kiefer and Alex would be here."

"Then what did Jeric told you?"

"I don't wanna talk about it, okay? I'm tired of all the questions you throw me and I don't even know how to answer them all. Kahit naman ako, wala akong sagot sa mga tanong ko, Ma. Wala. Kung meron naman, I'll tell you. For now, I just wanna leave that behind 'cause I had too much. Just too much." I replied and exited the door. I breathe deeply when I got of the house. Well, I really don't know where my feet will bring me now. I just want to be alone and maybe I could find answers in what I've been looking for.. And maybe I'll be able to pick my broken pieces while I reflect. Just maybe.

I flattened my dress and arranged my things before I head up to the gate. I unlocked the bolts and when I got out locked the gate again. There was a car parked in front of our gate but I didn't notice what and who owns it. When I turned around from our gate, I was stopped after my second step. Yes, I now know it was his car.

We stared at each other for quite some time and no one had the courage to speak. Should I run, should I pretend I don't know him? Lame ideas.

"What happened?" It was Jeron.