Chapter 35: Visitor

CHAPTER 35:

DENISE'S POV

The doorbell rang for about three times. And no one seems to get it and open the door. So I sloppily got out of bed, wore my slippers and took a quick check on the mirror. My hair was in a messy bun and I was on my tank top and pajamas. I took my hoodie out of my cabinet and pulled it over my head. My eyes were a little pinkish from crying, but I guess that would do. I hurried downstairs and turned on the lights on the way that I pass through. The moment I reached the door, I unlocked the bolts and knob of our door and quickly opened it.

I was surprised with whom I saw.

"Won't you let me in?"

"What are you doing here, Kiefer?" I said.

"I told you, I'm worried about you."

I left the door opened and turned my back at him. Ang tigas talaga ng ulo nitong si Kiefer.

"You know, you really won't give up noh?" I told him while I walk towards the sala and I noticed him close the door while following me inside.

"Well, you taught me that." He answered and sat beside me on the sofa.

"What?" I asked.

"You taught me never to give up."

"I didn't. I'm not that kind of person. I tend to breakdown. I'm not that strong. So, I'm sure that I'm not the one who taught you that."

"I'm positive that you did. If you're not strong enough, why do you still fight for Jeric eventhough he's hurting you like this?" He said.

Silence.

"And, why do you still talk to me and let me inside your house this time of the night when you said you'll leave me behind?" He added.

I stood up and said, "It's because I don't know what's the right and wrong thing to do right now. I feel so numb right now, that I can't even think straight."

"I told you hundreds of time, Denise, you could talk to me."

"It won't do any good." I said.

"Why so?"

"Because being with you is the main problem here. Don't you get it?"

"And why is being with me a problem? Did I do something?"

"You did something.. Something that I should be thankful for.. For always catching me whenever I fall, for always being there for me, for lending me your shoulder whenever I need something to cry on, for being you.. For being my more than friend that wouldn't give up on me. But these things are also those things that make him, and even her, think of doubtful things."

"Jeric." He said.

"Sometimes I just don't understand you guys. Ibibilin sa tropa, tapos pagseselosan." I said.

"Pagseselosan? He's jealous of me." He smirked and tried to hide his laugh.

I threw the pillow on him and said, "Alam mo nakakasira ka ng momentum ng pageemote ko. Yes, he's jealous to the nth level. And don't just take this on him, you know Alex too has a say on this."

He was silent.

"Ganyan tayo Kiefer e, pag si Alex na ang usapan, di ka na iimik." I continued.

"I'm here because I want to help you with your problems." He said.

"Well, I'm also here to try to solve yours."

"So you think not talking and not being together would end this? Over- jealousy and misinterpretation issue?" He said.