Chapter 59: Prove You Wrong

Denise's POV

We're going back to Manila.

I'm going back to Manila.

And really, hindi ko alam kung anong mangyayari sakin. I don't even have definite plans!! The time I decided to be with Captain's side, hindi ko naman alam na he already booked a ticket back to Manila. Kinuha ko lang yung gamit ko at nagpaalam kay lolo and lola. And they didn't even bother tho. So medyo, wala namang problema dun. But.... Going back to Manila?! UST? Friends? Parents?

I just don't know what to do. Masusuka na ata ako sa kaba dito sa eroplano. Para akong sumusugod sa giyera ng walang armas. Suicide mission kumbaga.

"Anong iniisip mo?" Captain said while he held my hand.

"Uh, wala... Wala lang."

"Wala lang?"

"Oo." I forced a smile.

"Wala lang pero kanina pa nanlalamig yung kamay mo at di ka diyan mapakali?" He smiled.

"Di ba pwedeng malamig lang?"

"Parang di naman eh. Di nga nakatapat sayo yung aircon eh." He said and laughed.

I sighed.

"Everything will be fine." He squeezed my hand.

"..Andito lang ako, okay? I won't leave you. Remember I'd said, we'd fight for us. Alam kong parang walang sense pinagsasasabi ko ngayon sayo kasi alam natin pareho na magiging mahirap at magulo ang sitwasyon but as long as you have me I promise you that everything would be worth it. Trust me, okay?" He continued.

"I trust you. It's myself who I can't trust."

He looked me in the eyes, "Hey, you're perfect. You're doing the right thing okay? Kahit anong mangyari, I'll never leave. I promise. Wag ka na matakot, kasi they'll welcome you back with open arms. They've missed you. And maybe some people will realize your worth after they've lost you for a while. But for me, even though you're here or not, I still know that you're the most important thing in my life now."

"We have just landed in Manila, Philippines. Please remain seated until all the buckle lights are turned off. Thank you for flying with Philippine Airlines and we hope to see you soon." The flight attendant's voice boosted out the speakers of the plane.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Okay."

We rode a taxi to Parañaque. Of course, saan pa ba ako magsstay dito. Definitely not our house. Hindi ko nga maalala bakit nga uli ako pumayag bumalik ng Maynila. I really can't feel my legs. Paano ko ba haharapin yung mga tao dito. Ano ba magiging tingin nila sakin. Captain's family? Do they think that I ruined his life? Bakit ba ang impulsive ko, nadala ako ng emosyon sumama dito, and now there's no turning back.

We reached the house in about 45 minutes. And literally, the jitters and the butterflies are flying inside my stomach. Aaaaah, this is just.... Okay there's no words that can describe this shitty feeling.

Captain opened the door for me and led me to their doorstep. It has been two years since I set foot on this house. And that was a different feeling; that was a feeling of excitement. And this, this is just feeling of puking anytime now.

"Ma?" Captain opened the door and led the way.

"Jeric! Thank God you're home. Where have you been? What happened?" Tita said.

"Ma, Denise is here." He answered.

Okay. Should I run now? Should I say hi? Should I say sorry? Is she going to hate me? Scold me? My goodness.