Chapter 14: Don't Mess Up

CHAPTER 14

DENISE’S POV

Bigla kaming naglayo ni Captain when someone entered the door. There’s the nervous feeling, na kung sino man yun. Yes, it was a big issue, specially at the peak of his career. I know Captain wouldn’t be thinking about that, but I’m just too concerned about that.. about him.

When both our direction focused on the door, we saw Aljon entered the room. He smirked at us and I managed to smile back. I didn’t looked at the reaction of Captain. I have no idea, if they’re okay or pretending to be okay. I haven’t bothered asking Captain about their situation probably because I was too overwhelmed knowing that we’re okay.

“Sorry, nakaabala ata ako.” Aljon said and thinking to go outside again and close the door.

“Aljon.” I called.

He stopped by the door and looked back at me.

“Okay lang, palabas na rin ako. I’m going to check my friends, baka hinahanap na rin nila ako.” I said, then I looked at Captain. I nodded to him signing that they should talk about this. To be honest, I didn’t have any hard feeling on Aljon. I was just concerned about them. Kung hindi nga sila okay, I’m amazed how they managed to play good awhile ago. Captain agreed to me, and then I walked towards the door.

“By the way, congratulations.” I told them both with a smile, then they both smiled back. That was my cue to leave them both in the room. Seriously, I was praying so hard that nothing bad would happen. I trust them, though.

I don’t know where to go after I went out. I tried texting my friends, but no one replied. I bet they’re fangirling somewhere out there. I just walked around the dugout. Wala naman masyadong tao, so I managed to be alone. Then, I saw a familiar face. It was Louis. (Don’t get me wrong here, Louis, Jeric’s brother) But I guess he didn’t saw me. He was with a girl, that I believe she’s his girlfriend.

“Louis!” I called.

Lumingon naman siya agad and smiled back at me. They approached me and started asking questions.

“Oh, ikaw lang?” he told me.

“With friends.” I answered.

“No, I didn’t meant that, I mean, si Kuya?”

“Ahhhhh, nasa locker room pa.” I was so slow in getting his question, too dumb. :|

“Ganun ba, anyway, si Nikki nga pala, girlfriend ko.” He said.

Buti naman naisipan ni Louis ipakilala kasama niya, nang hindi na-aawkward.

“Hi.” She smiled to me.

“Hi, you’re so pretty, no doubt Louis had fallen in love.” I told her. I saw her blush and looked down.

“Ginayuma ata ako nito.” Nikki joked.

“Grabe ka naman, you’re the one running crazy for me.” Louis answered.

They’re too cute to handle. I can see the sweetness in their eyes. We all ended up laughing at their own insane jokes when I saw Kiefer passed by behind them.

“Louis, mauna na ako ah.” I told him.

“Sure, Sam misses you by the way.”

“I promise to drop by anytime soon, tell her.”

“You should, because she’s throwing tantrums whenever she sees Jeric go home without you.” He said.

I felt the heat on my cheeks and the thought that Sam misses me makes me feel loved. I was really welcomed in Jeric’s family everytime I go there. They treat me as one of them and I am so blessed to have them in my life. I waved back at them and tried to catch up with Kiefer. Buti nalang hindi siya masyado mabilis maglakad so I ended up getting up with him. I was behind him so he never noticed me, so I tried calling him before he gets into nowhere.