Chapter 54: Luggage

Chapter 54

Jeric's POV

I passed by TYK before heading home after a dead tired practice. I was going to see Alex and ask how she is. I know I should be there for Denise, but I just can't leave Alex out there knowing Kiefer's missing in action.

"Mitch!" I said seeing her passing by back and forth the OSA room and the SOCC room.

"Uy, Fort. Ikaw pala. Napadaan ka? I heard the news about Denise. I'm sorry."

"Well, I think she's recovering. Sabi ng doctors stressed out lang talaga siya so she passed out."

"That's good to know. Well, please tell her that we miss her here. We'll find time to visit her, medyo hectic lang talaga ngayon." She said.

"No worries, I'll tell her. Anyway, I'm really looking for Alex. Nakita mo ba sya? Diba shift padin nya ngayon?" I said.

She looked at me a little longer and sighed, "So she hasn't told you either."

"What's to be told?" I said.

"Alex's off today.. And well in an indefinite leave if that's possible."

"What do you mean?"

"She didn't come today because she has been busy packing her things."

"She's leaving?" I said.

She sighed, "Yeah. But she doesn't want it to become a big issue. Lalo na't kakalipat lang ni Kiefer dito then she's going to leave. Alam mo naman, kung ano ano nalang ikakalat nilang chismis about that. So she decided to hide it from almost everyone."

"Mitch! Ano na yung papeles!" Someone screamed from the OSA Room.

"O siya, pasensya na't di kita maaccommodate ngayon ah. I have just one favor, she needs a friend. Really. She needs someone like you." She said and headed back to her work room.

I folded the colored piece of paper. I know she wouldn't mind reading this if she knows it came from me. She's just tired of hearing me say that it's no one's fault and give that Ravena a chance. I know this won't probably changed her mind. But at least I gave it a shot. I know she's going to be stubborn as always but maybe, just maybe she'll wake up one day and realize she shouldn't have left in the first place. I got the small envelope and put the folded paper inside. I sealed it and finally wrote,

For Alex

- Denise

I arrived at Alex's home at around 5. We chatted while I helped her with her things. Well, probably she has reasons. I know that it breaks her heart bringing back the memories with Kiefer. It also breaks my heart to see her go. As much as I wanted to beg her to stay, I don't want her to just get hurt while she stays here. She probably needs someone to make her happy and some time for her self. It has been a rough ride, indeed.

I secretly inserted the letter to her luggage hoping that she sees and reads it in the right time; where she has found reasons to come back; where she already found herself and all wounds have already healed... But I also hope that when that time comes, it's not yet too late to bring them back together; it's not yet too late to restore the love they've never lost at the first place; not too late to fix the broken hearts and mend the wounds in their relationship. I hope when that time comes, no matter what, Kiefer and Alex would still choose running back to each others' arms and not finding someone to replace their places.

I hope this isn't goodbye, Alex. I hope you're strong enough to fight for what you really feel for Kiefer.

Denise's POV