Chapter 56: Day Off

Chapter 56

Jeric's POV

Today will probably be one of my favorite days, let's mark that. Denise got discharged from the hospital and I offered to pick her up. But stubborn as she can be, she hesitated. She told me that she's getting sick of my cute face. (Okay, let's not forget the word cute). I told her to just rest at home but she told me how she missed UST so bad.

"I'm going to UST later." She smiled faintly.

"No you're noot." I told her.

"Yes I am." She grinned.

"You can go some other time, not when you just stood up from your hospital bed."

"Ang OA naman nung just got out of hospital bed." She said while packing some of her things.

"I'm just worried, alright? Call me overacting, but I don't wanna lose you again. It scared the shit out of me."

She remained silent while packing her things and finally responded, "Well, probably some people are meant to leave."

I looked at her when her dad came in.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"Yup. Jeric?" She looked at me.

I nodded and forced a smile even I don't have a clue what the hell she's talking about.

I'm on my way now to UST to surprise Denise. She told me she's just going to visit the CSC and have her hello's and hi's during the meeting. She just missed all of them and I'm absolutely sure they've missed her.

I texted Ella for my plan.

To: Ella

Ella!!

From: Ella

Captain. What makes the famous Jeric Fortuna text me.... Did you just realized you have fallen for me. Kidding.

To: Ella

Sorry to burst your bubble tho. I need your help :)

From: Ella

Pag may pabor nga naman, may smiley na ang text.

To: Ella

Well, baka di ka kasi pumayag eh. Hahaha.

From: Ella

Well I'm sure it's for Denise, so anything. Just shoot. :D

My plan was not so big. Actually. I just want to make her feel special when she comes back to UST. Ella told me that the meeting was at 9am and it was only 8:30 when I bought flowers from Dangwa. I decided to stay up first in the dorm while waiting for time to pass by when I saw Tata lying in the bedroom.

"O, aga ah. San ka galing?" Tata told me.

"Dangwa lang." I told him and dat beside him.

"Yun lang, pa-pogi points." He laughed.

"Di na kailangan nun, pogi na ko."

"Iba, bro. Yung confidence mo, nakakalunod."

"Di ka pa ba papasok?" I told him and lied in my bed.

"Maya pang hapon e."

"Mmmm." I nodded when I felt my eyes heavy and darted to a nap. It has been tiresome these past few days since I've been juggling acads, basketball and staying up with Denise at the hospital. Well, it was all worth it. No complaints needed, and this was far my most peaceful and decent sleep I had for days.